External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Semi-aggressive Wheel Fitment

Old 11-13-2009, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a serious wheel whore and as some of you may have read... 19 sets in about 4 years... I hate the overly stretched tire look bot I love to see a flush wheel & fender. Not Cali's rendition of "Flush" (mass negative camber & stretched tires just to fit a wide wheel) but seeing a wheel & tire sit right in line. A little negative camber is fine but not too much of it.

NOT THIS:

BUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

SUNKEN:

SO with that being said, is there anybody here rocking so aggressive fitment? I only ask because I keep noticing a trend of sunken wheel offsets and that bothers me. Are any member here that run "perfect fitment"? Just wondering?
Old 11-13-2009, 11:08 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

So they way your wheel fits and how your suspension is aligned has become a fad/fashion statement? Not something that actually benefits the driveability of the car?
Old 11-13-2009, 11:26 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

i was looking/wanting to do the same and i was thinking of 17"x 8" ET20 with a 235/35/17, the diameter of the tire is about .1% smaller than factory spec. of course rolling the fenders is a must.

i know that 17x8 fits in the back but I'm not sure if it will fit in the front, will probably have to run some negative camber though. and i need a lower stance, i cant stand seeing a gap between the fender and the tire. LOL

this is the kind of "mod" that its not too popular here.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Nov 13 2009, 01:08 PM)
So they way your wheel fits and how your suspension is aligned has become a fad/fashion statement? Not something that actually benefits the driveability of the car?

To me there is less drivability in running standard sized (OEM setting) wheels & suspension on a car thats been turbocharged than a car that has mild upgrades yet has a wider stance fitment (not just wheels & tires but suspension also) and handles like its on rails. Trust me I speak from experience. All of my previous cars were autocross'd on weekends. Driven to the meet, ran, and driven home. I hate wheels larger than 16 inches on FF compact cars and I hate stretched tires and I hate seeing cars with way too much camber than what is needed to offer better grip in cornering.

Again, I only asked because I see so many turbocharged cars on the site that seen to have little to no upgrades in Suspension & wheel & tire sizing.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

QUOTE (E. Jeezy @ Nov 13 2009, 02:31 PM)
Again, I only asked because I see so many turbocharged cars on the site that seen to have little to no upgrades in Suspension & wheel & tire sizing.

Like who?

Flush. 15 offset. Fully adjustable coilovers, but I just choose not to scrape along everything, so I keep it around an inch from the fenders.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:48 AM

Thats exactly what I was looking for. Tib that my buddy has sold me had 18x7.5 on it but I suggested he keep those because they'd be of no used to me.

It's now on stock wheels until I get some for it. Probably 16x7 or 7.5 with some low offset.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

your either looking for 16x8 or look into using spacers. coil overs wouldnt hurt the situation either.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Definitely pick up a set of spacers. Cheap way of getting the look you want, but make sure you get longer/stronger studs if you end up with real wide spacers.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Too bad Tdonnel's pics are down. IIRC he had a nice setup.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=349258

This is where he talks about his wheels.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

i seen his car...

his wheels were insanly to big IMO...

he had coilovers to rise the car up