External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Ruby Euro/altezzas (kinda)

Old 11-20-2005, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I finally did something with my euro/altezza lights... I've always wanted to mod a set, and always wanted to paint the structure around the lenses, but having a silver car, painting the chrome silver wouldn't make that big of a difference. (on a blue, red, or any car that's a real color, I still think it would look awesome). So, being that I've always loved the all ruby look, as seen with my last tail endeavor
Old thread on old ruby tails (sans pics)
working pic of old lights 1
working pic of old lights 2

I've gone and done this...

now, in the last pic, it isn't fully installed, it's just sitting there loosely to get an idea of what it will look like.

I can't decide if I really like it as much as I liked the image of it in my head... but I thought I'd let you guys (and gals) share your opinions. Be brutally honest, I can take it!
Old 11-20-2005, 02:01 PM

PIMP!!! they look awesome! good work yo!
Old 11-20-2005, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I think the red wasn't the color to choose b/c it blends in the 2 lights. I think that any other color except red would look good. You did a good job of prying it apart and sealing it back together though. I was actually thinking of trying mine in yellow to match my car. Mind doing mine? nana.gif
Old 11-20-2005, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

they look ok
look sorta like stock though
why not go orange like the graphics on your car?
Old 11-20-2005, 02:32 PM

well, close-to-stock, but not stock, is what I'm looking for. Basically an attempt to have different-than-stock lights, and NOT have them be ricey. I think that orange would look tacky, but did think of it. I've got a lot going on all around the car, but still want it to look "clean" overall... A stretch to do with the vinyl on the car, but it's my goal. wink1.gif

and moo, it's not that hard as long as you have an oven that has a low heat setting... mine goes down to 175 degrees F. Take some clippers or a drill, and break off the little tabs that hold the lens in place... it's nearly impossible to unhook them without cracking something, and enough sealant should keep the lens leak free. Then keep it in there until it's just barely comfortable to handle bare handed. Use a paint can key/pry-tool and blade/knife to slowly peel the lens off. wink1.gif easy as pie!
Old 11-20-2005, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

looks nice! they look like stock one, but stock in limited series fing02.gif
Old 11-20-2005, 03:04 PM

Oh that was such a cool idea, and they look great! Nice job.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:42 PM

I like it... at a casual glance, most people would never notice, but for those in the know...
Old 11-20-2005, 06:20 PM

The only thing I don't like is the very end tips of them where it gets all wavy (if you can understand what I'm talking about) other than that it looks great!
Old 11-20-2005, 07:33 PM

Heck.. I like it. It's for sure an improvement from before.. fing02.gif