External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

rear visor

Old 10-16-2001, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how would you open the trunk with that on there?
Old 10-16-2001, 05:21 PM

T-H-C!! Ewwwl... hahaha tongue.gif Cosworth Spoilers are fricking dope on CRXes, but i think it doesnt have a place on an Acccent
Old 10-16-2001, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by ICE3X:
how would you open the trunk with that on there?

It would be attached to the hatch, not the body, just like the current rear visors.
Old 10-16-2001, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by Random:
It would be attached to the hatch, not the body, just like the current rear visors.

I thought on that Accent the rear deck is not one-piece with the rear window; not a hatchback. So, in that picture, it appears that the top ends of the spoiler are affixed near the window, on a different body panel than the centre mount, on the deck lid. Are you saying that the two top ends are not attached to anything?

Ugh. It's early. I'm confused easily right now, and not doing a good job of putting thoughts into words. >_
Old 10-16-2001, 11:28 PM

accent 2-dr is a hatch, 4-dr is a separate trunk lid like you're thinking.
Old 10-16-2001, 11:35 PM

I agree with Iago, it doesn't look like that guy has any use of his trunk!
Old 10-17-2001, 12:17 AM

Originally posted by Majin Cthonian:
accent 2-dr is a hatch, 4-dr is a separate trunk lid like you're thinking.

::brain starts to hurt::
Look again at that picture. There is no seam of a body frame around the window...only the pillar that connects the roof to the quarter panel. That can't be a hatchback...you would be supporting the deck lid with a piece of glass. That is NOT sound design, which is why I am so convinced that the car is not a hatchback. I'm not calling you a liar or raising a BS flag or anything...I'm just trying to understand it all.
::twitch::twitch::twitch::
Old 10-17-2001, 01:44 AM

you know what? i think you're right, iago... now that i look closer it doesn't look like it's seamed right for a hatchback. eek.gif the guy probably just doesn't use his trunk from the outside. it's probably packed full of speaker box and amps anyway, no need to go in from the trunk regularly. wink.gif

i didn't know you could get a 2-dr without a hatch... news to me.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: Majin Cthonian ]
Old 10-17-2001, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Sorry, guys, I was looking at the Tiburon drawing...saying that one should be connected via the hatch.

The accent with the cosworth wing....no way to open the trunk that I can see. Unless the spoiler is hinged...*laugh*
Old 10-17-2001, 02:52 AM

Originally posted by Random:
The accent with the cosworth wing....no way to open the trunk that I can see. Unless the spoiler is hinged...*laugh*

I agree. That would have to be one complex sliding hinge system along the upper mounts of the wing. The deck lid pivots way too low for that whole spoiler assembly to just flip upwards along with it. And the upper connexions don't look like they're hiding that kind of functionality.

I've been staring at this thing during all my spare time this morning, and have tried to work out every possible case of logistics for how that thing could open. I've come up with some pretty creative ones! God, I have no life.