External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Rear Hatch Rattling - - -please Help !!!!!

Old 04-13-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. Here is the deal. I have a pretty beefy sound system and now my hatch rattles like a mofo. I was wondering if any of you knew of a way to adjust the latch or some way to fix the problem. I ghetto rigged it for right now using some electrical tape around the loop that the latch grabs. That works for about a week, but then I have to redo the tape. Please help !!!!!! 02.gif
Old 04-13-2005, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

pretty much have the same problem, except mine rattles whenever i hit bumps... its really annoying. And it does rattle when the bass hits. You might need to sound proof it or w/e u call it with the material that lines it.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:52 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i am getting the same prob, anyone got an answer? by the way good idea w/ the tape never wouldve thought about it myself
Old 04-14-2005, 06:30 AM

There are adjusting "pads" that the hatch sits on when latched down. You can adjust them to a point, but too much and your hatch will sit a little proud of the body
Old 04-14-2005, 04:41 PM

i havnt tried this myself however i too have the problem and im thinking about doing this cause the rattling is getting very annoying, and interrupts the bass all the time-

Im not sure what the product is called or even where to get it but theres this foam that you just shoot into the hatch and fill it, its like industrial foam so once its in there, hope to god you dont need to go back. Im hesitant towards this thou cause thats how you get to the spoiler,and i cant just leave a hole so i can get to the spoilers nuts cause thats part of the rattling. ill find out where to get this stuff and let you know. but i think the best thing to do if your cheap like me, go to the craft store, load up on that cotton like mats of insulator stuff, it helped me, but you do need a lot, just keep packing it in and when you cant get anymore, keep pushing.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:49 PM

Dang I didn't know anyone so many other people were having the same problem. I don't know how to fix it and it is pissing me off so much, especially since theres about a mile of semi-rocky road to school everyday.

So where exactly do I put the tape? Pic maybe if that's too much to ask?
I don't care if it's a quick fix, I just need something for now.