External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Rear Fog light install help

Old 08-20-2004, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Turbo
Default Re: New Logo

Hi guys, to start, here in guatemala the tibs came diferent from the US, first they didn't come with a sunroof or leather, I also noticed that not all tibs in the us have ABS wich came standard here, finally the back bumper is different it has space for rear fog lights, about a year and a half ago I got the rear fogs with their normal cabling and the switch. now The fog lights come conected to the back plate lights so I moded the connection for the plate lights to work, now I didn't finish the install because I was not interested in cutting cables or making new connections, after I read the "do I have fog lights" thread I got me thinking, does that mean that I could just look for the cables and "voila" the instalation is finished with out cutting or making new connections?

Any help would be appreciated...
Old 08-20-2004, 02:10 AM

Default Rear Fog light install help

Hola!!

Can you post a pic of your rear bumper? I'm curious as to how much different it is.Our rears have vents,one on each side.I thought of modifying mine to fit rear fogs,but not sure I'll do that.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:59 AM

Default Re: cel P0304 - Misfire in #4 cylinder

that may be true.. I certainly hope so, that would make it easier to wire in my PUG 206 rear fog
Old 08-20-2004, 06:39 AM

Default Re: New England chapter

madtib.....go to the gallery and check out Mr_Hydes car, you can see the rear bumper......
Old 08-21-2004, 02:35 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Turbo
Default Re: cel P0304 - Misfire in #4 cylinder

here is the pic of the fog lights and what came with it...

here is the pic of my back bumper, highligted is were the space for the fog lights is (as I said its not like the US version)

Here's the pick with the rear foglights installed (note: they are phisicaly installed but electrically only the plate lights work)
Old 08-21-2004, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Rear Fog light install help

looks a like the rear end of the tib in this pic. I am not sure if I like them or not, but they do look different.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:35 AM

Default Re: updates...been a while**better quality pics uploaded**

In Italy it is NOT a matter of "point of view" if you like them or not. :?

Police & Co. usually stops you only to check if your car has them or not. Like, the Altezza Tail, they dont check if they are broken or not, they check ONLY if you have the ECE Mark. everywhere and always.
As for these, all the rest, like spoilers, Air filters, Supercharger/turbo mods, if you have or not the catal. converter... if you have some blue lights outside.. and then, IF they found something like this:
1. They retire you the vehicle driving license.
2. They obligate you to go for an xtraordinary check to their office (75€ -1 working day lost)
3. They bill you by a 375.00€ (means more than 400US$)

..at last, if you are a recidive, they can retrieve your car driving license from 1 to 3 months... 02.gif

so, here is why tuning is difficult, 1st, you have to fight with italians street laws (ECE laws), then 2nd, if you survive, you have to fight again against police stupidity...

BTW. i.e. even easy things like HID kits are NOT allowed here. Only car with oem equip. can use them. For ECE rules, car with xenon headlights MUST have an autocleaner system and an autoleveling system integrated in the car. IF not... well.. check points 1,2 and 3..

**edit** i think these rear fog lamps are really helpfull 'cause when in italy we say "deep fog" it means that you can't see more than 1.5m. it is not a joke in winter.. so every kind of light outside is welcome if it is a matter of security
Old 08-21-2004, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Zefiro Gen I frp vent hood

damn, it makes out laws over here sound like nothing. It must be tough.
I am sure that the extra rear lights would help in deep fog, we don't get too much of that here.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: TB and IM questions

No offence mang, but WTF do you have Chineese symbols on the back of a KOREAN car in GUATEMALA?

:?: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?:
Old 08-21-2004, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Smoked Taillights *PICS*

yea... everyone I have talked to about italian laws.. they are strict AND harsh. If it did not come on your car from the factory or as an option... forget it. The rest of Europe is getting to be the same way.. only the Brits seem to be free to really tinker with their cars anymore.