External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Question About Bodykits

Old 07-02-2006, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been searching the fourms and havn't had too much luck finding what I needed so I decided to try posting.

Im trying to find out the ride height for a Cuda1 style body kit for rd2, since I could only find veilside and if its possible to mix n' match parts. I like the cuda front, but wanna have veilside Side Skirts
Old 07-03-2006, 09:31 AM

i'm not sure about the exact ride height for the cuda but i'm sure that if you put veilside sides with that it will look weird cause the veilside will be much lower than the rest
Old 07-03-2006, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The VS sideskirts also go up about 1/3 the way up your rear fender. It's gonna require some work.

Not to mention they are ugly as sin.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:18 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Doode,
1.)VS skirts.....?

2.)with a Cuda front......?

3.)AND, on an RD2.....?

puke.gif

That's like;

1.)Putting these I'm not sure if this is safe for work LOL............ (skirts)

2.)with (front end)

3.)AND, on one of these (RD2)

LMAO.
and what about the back end?
you just gonna leave it hangin'?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:26 PM

lol... Wow, I guess thats a bad idea then, but with the back end, I'm going to do something, I just not sure what yet, I wanna body kit, but the ride height is kinda a factor in which to get 'cause its a daily driver and I have to hit alot of big speed bumps.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

If you just HAVE to have a body kit I would do just that, a KIT. not one pieced together by you (or eBay). Just lookin' out for ya man, not hatin'

a full 5 piece (the 5th being the hood) zefiro kit wouldn't be bad, a widebody kit soon to be released from flyryde (check www.myspace.com/flyryde / www.flyryde.com) might look swell, or just a simple lip kit (FLYRYDE'S TURBY SKIRTS called Type R skirts) are stock ride height and can be "lowered" with an add-on extenion (sort of like a lip for a sideskirt) or you can buy the TURBY style skirts with extension called the "Type-S" skirts.

That way you can find skirts that will MATCH your bodykit's flow and ride height.

But anywho, all of this is nay-say, you should just b00st. your car is pretty much sexy as hell (maybe if it were a couple years younger, wink1.gif ).
Old 07-03-2006, 03:54 PM

haha, dont worry bout it, I found that post funny. But I'll look into it. One of the reasons I wanna get a body for it now is 'cause I got 1,300 from a hail damage claim and gonna get it painted, wanted the kit to get painted with it if I could. Ya know, I think you got the wrong idea tho, I think it looks sexy this year, gets any younger it might lose the sexiness.

The boosting is something I wanna do to it, but at the same time I kinda wanna wait a bit before I do it.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

You should get the Cuda 2 kit. Shits all over the Cuda 1 IMHO.

*Edit: I change my stance on that... Just had another look at phorq's car & it's pretty damn sweet! Get either Cuda 1 or 2, I reckon.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:06 PM

^ LOL, that's my dilema, i fell in love with Cuda 1 after looking at Phorq's tib then i saw Omega's tib and i fell in love with the Cuda 2, now i'm in a dilema sad.gif
Old 07-04-2006, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Mixing kits isn't that bad. I did with mine. Check out the Zefiro Evo sideskirts.

VS Front (fake VS, but you get the idea) and Zefiro Sides....

I know the VS front sits lower than the sides, but its not as noticable until you really look at it. Personally, with the Cuda kit, I'd just go with the whole kit. I like the Cuda skirts, but thats just a personal preference.