External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Paintjobs?

Old 10-24-2001, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paintjobs?

Ok there is some damage on my 2000 Elantra, i made the claim with my insurance company. They are cutting me a check for $1900, that is the estimate that THEIR auto body shop gave them. I took my car to my buddy who happens to sponsor me and do all the work on my car, and he gave me an estimate of $1200 so im going to have about $700 with nothing to apply it too. So evidentally when i take my car in for the repairs, im going to have my buddy paint it too. he estimated the paintjob i want at about $400 depending on what kind of paint I want. now the question is, my car is getting painted baby blue with white mirrors, what kind of paint should i have him use? what is good automotive paint?
Old 10-25-2001, 12:17 PM

Thats a pretty good deal. If i drive there he paint my car too?? smile.gif

Pat

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: SpeeDyTiBbY ]
Old 10-26-2001, 12:50 AM

yes he would, infact i could set you up a date and an appointment if you wish smile.gif...can anyone answer my quesiton about what kind of paint i need..??
Old 10-26-2001, 03:05 PM

Hmmm Would he now? Can u double check on that for me? I got a 97 Tiburon. Right now its green, but i think i would want it black. Actually i am pretty positive i would want to get it black. So can u ask him about a price for me?

As for what paint u should use i really am not sure. I don't know much about this, and i don't want to give u a wrong answer. Sorry.

Pat
Old 10-27-2001, 06:34 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

Dupont Chroma Base is good PPg is good too. Spi seker(sp) is badass expensive. Sikkens is good also. Just depends on what you want to spend on the paint per gallon. There are some others but those are the only ones I have shot or have buffed out. Spi seker(sp) you can buff that stuff and you don't have to worry about burn through. I shot Dupont Chroma Base on my truck and it looked sweet. PPG is what a lot of dealerships use. Same with dupont. Sikkens is shot by a lot of shops as well. So I hope is helps. If you want to get real expensive go to House of Color paint.
Old 10-29-2001, 01:58 PM

Hey, can u get back with me on a price and a date of when he could do it? Thanks

Pat
Old 11-01-2001, 12:31 AM

sorry i have not had time to ask him, i will call him today, and ask i will post tommorrow morning the answer...