External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Paint opinions needed ASAP

Old 12-21-2004, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon
Default JET-HOT Coating Discount!

Ok so you all have seen my car in the Car of the month polls. I'm going to repaint the car this coming spring and i need help picking a color. I have been sponsered by a bodyshop and House of Kolor for the paint but i'm having trouble picking a color. The problem is that the sponsership price depends on which color i pick. I'm really leaning towards red...but they are telling me it will not be that drastic of a change for the show season so now i think its going to be tangerine orange with silver flake and similar white graphics..along with the sides and back of the Cuda II kit molded and the doors shaved and the graphics will go into the door jams as well.

However i'm still not sure about the color...if anyone has any suggestions or comments bad or good please let me know....i need serious criticism....cause once its painted theres no turning back.

You can look at the paint chips on house of kolors site at

http://www.hokpaint.com/chips.html

Please only look at the kandy paint chips as that is the only paint i can use.
I think they are going for the second one down...but the pic really doesn't do it justice....its like the brightest color they make...really orange

Thanks JD
Old 12-22-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Re: IM BACK! 12" sub help

I cant figure out where to look on that website lol.gif

but my honest opinion is, I wouldnt go with tangerine. Its been done before on a few tibs. I'd go with something different, but in the same color range.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Timing Chain?

I would probably go with the Cobalt or Oriental Blue with Silver Flakes...that would look HOT!! But thats just me, I love blue.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:33 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Rim Help!

as popular as red sounds, it would be different to stick with red because so many others are trying to be different and go with colors other than red. so your car would really stand out just by staying the same color.

but if it's not red, it's blue. hondas come in blue though. so if you're looking for a sexy attractive color, go red. or, yellow!
Old 12-22-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Hard to Believe

or neon green with some blu... hows about a nice graphic of some anime kickin something... haha... sorry. man i love the kandy colors, its just so hard to pick out something that will look really good on our cars. i love the kandy red color.... the orange has been done before and yellow is just way too bright in my opinion. what about a white with a pearl.... or black with pearl.... that would be tight.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon
Default Re: Paint opinions needed ASAP

The main problem with some of the colors...is the sponsership price...the better the car shows off their paint the more of it i get free.. I think its going to be Kandy Tangerine with a silver base.....they thought that would be awesome with the white graphics over the top....thanks for everyone's suggestions...i appreciate it...wish me luck 8O

I'll post pics up before HIN Seattle....when it will be done.

Thanks
JD
Old 12-22-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: wanted:windshield ATTN: TIBBYCHICK

There's a red I like alot and a few friends of mine put it on their cars...I think it was electric red or something like that.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:47 AM

how about a purple tib? i dunno if anybody owns this car here but im also thinking about this color:

what do you think?
Old 03-07-2005, 07:02 AM

QUOTE (koykoy)
how about a purple tib? i dunno if anybody owns this car here but im also thinking about this color:

what do you think?

That's a nice color smile.gif
Is this the original Hyundai Purple color?
Old 03-07-2005, 07:44 AM

how bout the Euro red? Dude, JD, you know im your bigest fan man, i say keep the same color, or make it a diferant shade of red. The Eurored and the Blue Blood look good (both nice red)

That sorta tangerine??

Are you still keeping the decal on the side and white rims then?