External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Opinions On This Hood Please

Old 08-26-2005, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Hey!

I'm going to start piecing together my kit very shortly & I'd like to get it all fitted/painted at the same time if possible.

Anyway, I've always wanted a 550/Cadamuro hood but I'm kinda starting to go off it (due in part to the fact that it's impossible to source & I can't wait too much longer for the one Blacktibs might make sad.gif ) so I've been considering other options...

I've seen this type of hood on a couple of cars (Civics, mainly) & I think I like it.

Here's a chop I did of it on my car...

What do you guys think?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:17 PM

Not bad.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:35 PM

I think it looks good. Now if the lines leading up to the intake widened as it got back further to match up with the Tib's natural lines it'd be beautiful.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

nice shop, though i think the cadamuro is still the best.

you should buy a CF replacement hood, buy a random vent and carve it or have it molded yourself.

keep 'em coming. i think the vent is too wide. on a prelude OK, but on our tibs it seems as if it's too plain.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:03 PM

wow, I really, really like that! I'd love to do something like that between the "humps" of my 2nd gen! Good job!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The Cadamuro hoods ARE being done. I just gotta ship the scoops out. Next week prolly.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:51 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ That's good to hear. I'll wait to see how they turn out then.

I still have no idea what it'd cost to ship it over from the States though... I've asked Chris more than once & never got an answer sad.gif

Anyway, if I can't get the Cadamuro hood, my car will potentially end up looking something like this...

I reckon it looks tough! I know it doesn't necessarily maintain the elegant lines of the Coupe but I've been wanting to get it looking meaner & I think this kit sorta achieves that.

I'm not 100% on the proportions on the bumper yet. I was going to go to the supplier's warehouse to take a look at it in person but it's miles away & I didn't get around to it this week. I'll go next week & if I'm happy with it I'll buy it.

I'll hopefully have the rims on by the end of next month & I'll prolly just get the GTR-style side-skirts & rear pods... It's too much effort to try to source parts from overseas.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:08 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Man, REDZ is making me look like an ass, plus I AM an ass, so that factors in too. I want those damn scoops. Everyone seems to love the Cadamuro hoods. I have a few international shipping quotes to give so I'll try to get on that for you too.

What bumper is that you chopped on? Looks decent, it could work. Hey but PM me an address again so I can check for you. I have about 7 days before my PMs are full, so they are erased alot, hense why I never get back to people even after a long while. Nobody should ever hesistate to just PM the crap outta me to get what they want smile.gif
Old 08-27-2005, 02:33 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Awsome photoshop skills!!!!

The kit looks great.
BUT, instead of the the GTR rear pods, try using the KING rear pods, that will be avilible from Chris. they are looking much cleaned on the coupe...

http://www.xorro.eclipse.co.uk/hyundaicoup...96_misc_595.jpg

molded, of course.
I believe that they were shipped to Chris for production.

And do wait for the camduro one, if thats what you like.
Don't compromise!!!!

AND, remove the Hyundai bedge... Not that i'm not proud driving a hyndai, but to clean the front.

PS, Chris, if you can, please make the Camduro hood a bit flared, like the GTP one you've fitted.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:02 AM

I think that hood look really good!!!