External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Opinions

Old 01-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Opinions

I think the genesis is a really freaking pretty car, but I want to do a bit of stuff to make it my own.

I am thinking about plasti dipping the rims and the emblems flat black (anyone have any disaster stories about putting that stuff on the rims?)

Then, because of water damage I have a spare set of tail lights. The seller didn't want to split them up and when I got them, the drivers side was broken. So the custom tail light maker people wont want them. I think I can fix the issue with expoxy and the other (reason for pulling them) is water damaged thanks to a horrible water path design/gasket thing and needs to be internally repainted.

I was thinking about cutting them open and turning the chrome stuff of the taillight body color or flat black, then doing the headlights body color or flat to match (on the chrome non-functional reflective areas).

My first actual mods are getting a better clutch/flywheel and a stock LSD under it. So I am not just doing silly painting stuff to it.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Is there not factory warranty left on your Genesis? Couldn't you just take it to the Hyundai dealership and get them to replace the tail lights under warranty?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Black accents look so good on LRG. I've never heard anything bad about plastidip damaging anything. It's ugly, matte, and should be left to only emblems and small pieces. That said, many people in Colorado and new england dip their wheels in winter to protect them. Grab some 19" factory wheels and dip them
Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Genesis was used and has a bit of power-train warranty left. No tail light coverage. They are sealed up nicely now so hopefully that is the end of that.

Thanks for the input majik