External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Nokya Headlight Harnesses?

Old 12-26-2004, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did everyone get from Santa?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=42613

Take a look at this and tell me what you think. I think my bulbs right now have seen better days so I'm looking to replace them, but I know I want to go with Nokya, cuz I just like em. Anyway, I'm planning on getting a set of new H7 "Stage II" (whatever that means).

My question is, what is the deal with the harness? Do I need it? I guess they're saying that the new bulbs use more juice so a new harness is needed for preventing meltdown. Does anybody have experience.

Input appreciated.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon
Default Re: What did everyone get from Santa?

My mom (g20t) had nokya bulbs and my bros ( s14 ) had hyper industries bulb and both there harness was melted onto the bulb. And i have Nokyas right now and it hasnt gave me any problem. I had them for like 2 years i think. It was from My old crx and i transfered both the high beam and low beam into the tiburon and it still work. To me i just think the material that the Nissans use is weak. The material they use is like rubbery and ours are plastic.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Whats Your SPEED.....?

dude, where the hell ya been?

the deal with the harnesses. you will need aftermarket ones if you run a bulb that burns hotter. the stock rating for the bulbs is 55w. to get more light out of blue tinted bulbs, a lot of manufacturers bump the power consumption uip to 100 or so watts. this creates a lot more heat, and can melt the stock harnesses. so, you need to know what the power rating of the nokya bulbs you want is. i think the stock harnesses should be good to about 65-70 watts. any higher than that, and they will eventually melt.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: wet tires

tibby01, I've just been spectating - busy with school, and finally getting a break for the holidays...you kno'

anyway, thanks for the input guys. I will be getting the harnesses to go along with the bulbs, because the bulbs are rated say 100W on the box, so I'm going to assume I'll need em.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Who Can Read Hangul? WTF is this?

yup, id get em. cant go wrong for 9.95.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:25 PM

Default Re: XBox or PS2??

I have those harnesses... I never figured out how to install them. I even had the entire headlight apart to install haloz, and I still couldn't figure out how to install them. hidden screws or something. I bought the nokya harnesses because I was running 100w bulbs, and wanted to be safe, but when I couldn't get them installed, I just risked it. I never had a problem with melted anything... maybe I'm just lucky.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Remove this sub forum?

Well, Phorq, I guess I'm in the same boat as you now, so when these things come in, I'll see how hard it is to install the wire harness, and maybe I'll write it up. How long have you had the 100W bulbs in? I was going to consider just risking it, but oh man, it'd be oh so much more work to replace the stock harnesses....
Old 12-31-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Re: FS:Knox's OEM Shark Wing, 1 left, put on Ebay

Speaking of changing bulbs, is there any easy way to get that little metal rod back into place? I'm talking about the piece of metal that holds the low beam bulbs in place. Or am I going to have to pull the whole damn headlight assy. out?
Old 12-31-2004, 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Mister_Sinister)
Speaking of changing bulbs, is there any easy way to get that little metal rod back into place? I'm talking about the piece of metal that holds the low beam bulbs in place. Or am I going to have to pull the whole damn headlight assy. out?

I don't see why you couldn't just do it with the headlight assembly in there. The hardest part would be seeing what you're doing and also the cramped space available to fit your hand in there so you can fanoogle it back in place. As far as I remember, the metal rod is just a pretty firm piece of metal that just pushes the end of the bulb so that it doesn't move. I think the rod itself is held in place with a phillips screw.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:54 PM

I had the 100w bulbs in for about 2 months before they blew, then another set for 2 weeks before they blew, then another set another 2 months before they blew. I ended up going back to APC Xenon bulbs that are the correct wattage, and they've lasted for about 8 or 9 months now. All in all, I never liked the blue-ish 100w bulbs (aside from the crappy lifespan). And for some reason, I had to raise the headlights up a LOT to get decent visibility, but then again, that could be because they were the blue-ish bulbs. The APC Xenon bulbs give off a great white/rainbow effect through the projector bulbs... I've been very happy with them. (I never thought I'd be happy about anything APC...)