External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

New paint job

Old 02-18-2015, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon
Default New paint job

Having my car repainted the factory mystic blue in a couple of weeks because theres a lot of fade spots on it. I'm not having them do the engine bay or door jambs to save money. Do you guys think there will be a big difference when opening the doors or hood even if its being painted the factory color?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The only way to know in advance is to spray a piece of scrap and finish it how they will do, and compare. I'm guessing you won't notice - and if you do, probably nobody else will.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Those parts dont get damaged as much because they're not facing the elements. So they shouldnt really be faded as bad as the rest of the car if you're leaving it in the Arizona sun all day long. You will definitely be able to tell between the old paint and fresh paint, but it will be minimal and you'll have to really stare at the car to spot the difference.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tib I4

Did the same thing last year on my car. Unless the sun is hitting the door jambs at just the right angle, you absolutely can not tell at all that there's old paint and fresh paint.