External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Need Input From All The Bodywork Gugu's

Old 12-09-2006, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Below, I will show a picture of the tib and the rolled fenders. I've looked online, and I must admit I do not know a lot when it comes to fender rolling. From pictures I've seen and DIY's I've not seen such an extreme roll. How is it done to this extreme?

Maybe you'll guys will find out in spring why I need this. This is EXACTLY if how much of a roll I need, if not more. So if you do not have any useful input for me that has to do with this, than do not post or I will delete. smile.gif

Old 12-09-2006, 02:04 AM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

i was on Yijoo and this car did not roll his fenders. he actually made it wider by going to a body shop doing a semi wide fender look. It was on one of 70? pages.

rolling the fenders on the other hand can be done with the actual roller or the cheap way with the baseball bat.

http://www.yijoo.net/bbs/data/bange_link/%...7%C1%F8_044.jpg
Old 12-09-2006, 07:18 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Really, that is very interesting. fing02.gif

rd1tib,can you do me a favor, I have tried looking through the last cpl pages of the DIY's but no pictures come up. Maybe this POS work comp can't load them. Could you possible post up a link to his DIY?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:39 AM

yes, that tib you are looking at does not have rolled fenders. They were taken off of another car and welded to the body. You can tell by the "rebate" or flat spot around the edge of the opening. That would be almost impossible to do, without spending a boat load of cash, by hand.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:57 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've seen them sold a few times as well. You can look for fender flare online. they make them in fiberglass.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:34 AM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

well the guy didnt really have a DIY on the body work. just had like 2 pics of him working on the fenders.

if you end up renting a fender roller and heat gun, you cant use this DIY
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=206183

Before

After

the thing with fender rolling, you need to bend the 1/4" lip that is on the edge of the fender to completely fold, so that you can get the extra 1/4 width on the fender. IF you continue rolling the fender you would be able to stretch it out more, if dont rite

here is a baseball bat type fender rolling

http://e46m3performance.com/installs...roll/index.htm

Same idea, just using a not too stable tool to get the lip folded.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:37 PM

Whats the point to rolling the fender on the tibs? I thought it was a fender flare in the first pic?