External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

My Exterior Predicament: Suggestions Welcome!!

Old 07-21-2005, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allright. I've posted for a while and learnt alot on this Forum. My respect for this community is immense.

When I purchased the car, I was unaware of the extent of bodywork that it would require.

The two bodyshops I've visited so far have both quoted substantially high repair bills.

Here's whats wrong:

1) Front bumper has bondo all over it. Needs replacement

2) Hood is mildly dented and has three holes from attempts to fix the deeper dent.

3) Both front fenders are completely bondo'd and need replacement

4) Rear Drivers side panel (surrounds gas cap) is also dented and bondo'd.

I've been quoted upwards of a grand just to get bodywork done, let alone paint.

This is a golden opportunity to go Carbon Fiber with the hood and front fender. I can always change the front bumper to a bodykit later as well.

I dont have alot of money right now, but I hope to be able to complete exterior work before fall ends. Any ideas how I should go about it?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:03 AM

was this caused by an accident or did you get the car like this or what? would you be getting an entire CF body kit as well? because fenders might look tacky (unless you plan on painting them) if you just want to fix your car then call around to local junkyards. thats probably the cheapest way. but for all that work to fix it sounds about right. with parts and labor (im just guessing though)

**nvm about my first question lol**

but how were you unaware?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Uhm, bondo on the front bumper?

Okay.

I've got a OEM bumper I can sell you.

But, you haven't filled out your profile, so we don't know what year tib you have or anything else.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:20 PM

Redz, fixed description.

Im not sure. At this stage I know the CF hood would look great on the car, given that it's white and that my rims are gunmetal.

Even if I call junkyards, Im gonna save a couple hundred tops. Both paint shops estaimated 6 hours to fix the rear left panel. Can it be replaced instead?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:59 PM

no the rear panel is part of the body sorry. I would go with the CF Kit Flyride got that will take care of you front of the car.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:08 PM

yes.. everything BUT the rear fender can be easily replaced with a few bolts. It is going to be that dent around the gas door that is going to cost you in time and labor.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:37 PM

Getting the rear 1/4 repaired is your best bet.....it can be replaced...but most body shops will charge between 12-18 hours to do it.......rear bumper needs to come off....interior... 1/4 glass...etc...