External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Mounting rear visor

Old 04-25-2003, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting rear visor

Hey anyone know exactly where am I suppose to mount the visor? I tried the glass, didn't work, about the rubber didn't fit perfectly. Mounting it on the rubber seemed to give the best fit but it doesn't feel like its on there solid. If anyone's got close up pictures it'd really help.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:33 AM

If this is the one from SR
Mount it on the glass!!!!
DO NOT MOUNT IT ON THE RUBBER!!!!

DO a search on either "roof visor" or "rear visor" you should find something about it being discussed.
IF you have to file down the ends so it'll fit onto the glass.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:51 AM

Ok when I tried mounting it to the window, I had to kinda bend the visor to get it to fit. I used the original tape to test fit it and it didn't hold. Is it suppose to be like this or is this?
Old 04-25-2003, 12:58 PM

I had no problems with putting my SR rear visor on. I originally used the original tape then removed it cuz it fell off while sitting in my garage, I then used some heavy duty 3M double sided tape and that held on tight till I took it off to wash it then I never put it back on, I will soon with some really good stuff so it won't ever come off.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:44 PM

I got the 3M tape. But the thing is I have the bend the visor in order to get it to fit on the glass and not on the rubber part. Is this normal?
Old 04-25-2003, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

KayJai:
IF you have to file down the ends so it'll fit onto the glass.
I'll do a bit of research, I've got the same one but it's not mounted yet. I may wait until I have that bolt on one that we are doing a GB on.

BRB...

EDIT: Visor Mounting Tips 1

Visor Mounting Tips 2

Don't see anything about trimming it besides what Kayjai said, but he's reliable, so you may have to. The one I've got was mounted before and when I lined it up on my tib, it seemed to work fine.

[ April 25, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: REDZMAN ]
Old 04-25-2003, 03:34 PM

A little trimming I can understand but when I line up one end of the visor on the glass, the other end overlaps the rubber onto the metal.
I'd have to force both ends inwards to get it to sit on the glass. This is what's got me worried.

Thanks for finding those mounting tips but I already read those and didn't see anything about the problem I'm having. I'm thinking that the one I have might be for the 1st gen. Redz, if you can, can you place your visor on a first gen and see if it does what I descibed?
I'd take pictures cept I don't have a camera.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

No problem mang, I'll do it as soon as I get home.

BTW, that'll be July.

moon lol
Old 04-25-2003, 04:03 PM

I remember there being another post,... I'm too lazy to find it.
But yeah there were rumors that there was a 1st gen ver, and a 2nd gen one.... But I dunno?
The one I have fits fine on mine (1st gen) but when we try to just test fit it on one of the guys' 2nd gens, it overlapped the rubber about 1/2 way (maybe 1/2 inch) so if you were to grind / trim off like 1/4" on each side,... we could make the one I had fit on a 2nd gen.

When / where did you get the visor from?
Old 04-25-2003, 04:58 PM

Private sale. The guy said it was for his 2000 tib, was still in the package when I recieved it. I'll take a look at it in the morning. See what I'll need to trim. Thanks for the help guys.