External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Mesh Grille Ideas

Old 04-07-2006, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Zefiro front bumper came with some black plastic mesh grille already installed. I really liked it but my dumbass drove over a median one night and lost the mesh grille and one of my custom license plates. Luckily the bumper itself wasnt damaged. However it looks bad without the grille. So anyway I wanna put some new stuff in there, preferably the same black plastic type because I hate the metal ones. Anyone know where to get it, and also I need tips on the best way to install it, like what type of adhesive to use and whatnot. Im installing it to the back side of the bumper.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:30 AM

I would say a hobbie shop and it looks like its glued with somthing on my kit.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:29 AM

Funny as it sounds, home improvement stores carry a lot of screen and mesh that can be used for auto applications. Try looking around the aisles where rain gutters are displayed, or if you can find someone to help, just ask where they have any type of "mesh" or hard "screen" material.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:10 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I have some of it but maybe too little for your aftermarket application.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:37 PM

heh, yeah Ive done the whole gutter guard stuff in the past, it looked like ass though.

I ended up buying some aluminum mesh on ebay. But Im still not sure what Im gonna use to fasten it to the bumper. Hot glue probably wont hold up. Maybe some sort of automotive adhesive stuff....
Old 04-10-2006, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I bought the APC mesh form Canadian Tire (equivalent to Auto zone). I fastened it with hot glue to kind of hold it in place, then I used Bondo to and worked it around to hold it permenentaly. Work really well so far, only set back is if you have to replace a section of mesh, it's a pita to get out.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:56 PM

Not just the gutter guard crap, Tibbychick...look around for some of the other types of metal mesh (not just the "chickenwire" looking junk or the plastic gutter guard). I found some that looked like mine when I went to both Lowe's and Home Depot...and it's stainless. Try the little hardware shops, too (like ACE), or see if there's a metal scrapyard nearby- they always have all sorts of mesh-type material laying around in small quantities.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:11 PM

yeah I didnt want the cheap sh!t

I actually find some on ebay and installed it yesterday with some zip ties and JB Weld on the bottom. But after inspecting how the grille under the hood was installed, I realize I couldve just used hot glue. Oh well. I think my hot glue gun is in Canada anyway, lol
Old 04-16-2006, 05:34 PM

What did you end up using?

I have gutter guard, painted black, and it looks crappy. Although not as bad as on Civics with giant catfish body kits, as it's recessed. I have seen some neat-looking octagonal mesh on several Italian sports cars, which looks great. You can find that at PC modding sites for case mods, but I need a source for a roll at an inexpensive price.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:37 PM

a sheet of black aluminum mesh I got from ebay. It matches the mesh thats elsewhere on the car pretty well.