External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Maaco paint job

Old 11-30-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 V6 Tib
Default Maaco paint job

Has Maaco improved their quality over the years? I have a couple of small spots on my hood where the clear coat is fading and I have rock chips on my front bumper and I know Maaco does cheap work. I know Maaco sucked years ago but how are they doing these days? Better or still a bad idea?
Old 11-30-2016, 06:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Yes they still suck and do sh*t work. Although there's tons of other shops that do sh*t work for a lot more money.

Have they improved quality over the years? Decent paint and body work is time consuming.

Being that they don't charge very much, the workers aren't allowed to spend much time on prep, so yeah they have to cut corners. Decent paint is also expensive, so they use low grade single stage.

I suggest you stop at your local maaco and look at their completed work and see what you think. Some people are less picky than others.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

My impression is that if you do all the prep and just want a coat of paint, they're not terrible.