External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Looking for good wipers

Old 10-13-2009, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Accent
Default Looking for good wipers

I noticed last night that my passenger side wiper is tearing. Before I buy new ones can anyone tell me what kind of wipers they have and what the best ones are? Do the really expensive ones truly work all that better?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

Get some RainX latitude or Bosch Icons. Do both at once, and right now Autozone's got a buy one get one half of mail in going on. I will not let myself or friends get anything at all other than those two types. Supreme clearance thanks to even pressure across blade surface, and no arm brackets to collect snow and ice. They may cost you close to $40, but 40 once or twice a year to have excellent vision is priceless. They also look a lot cooler too.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

currently i have the michelin frameless wiper blades on aka the expensive ones. yes they are awesome at first however, once they get dirty they are horrible. most wiper blades you can turn on your washer fluid and it cleans them up but not these. these you have to take a cloth to clean them. they are nice and quiet though because they mold to your windshield. these are good if you hate wiper noise.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I use cheap blades on the tib, and some regular old winter ones on the trailblazer. laugh.gif
Old 10-13-2009, 11:24 AM

Vehicle: 2K Tib

I use the RainX ones too. Well worth the money spent on them.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I hated the Rain-X blades, but I haven't tried the contoured Latitude. The Rain-X blades I had were supposed to treat the windshield while they wiped, but all they did was make everything look cloudy. They're the only pair of wiper blades I've ever thrown away soon after installing. That made me walk away from Rain-X blades and never give them a second look.

In general I have been really happy with contoured blades vs. regular blades. I'm running Bosch Icons and they have done a really good job for me in all weather conditions.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I used to have expensive michelin and rainx ones. They were good for a few weeks then they fell apart. Now I just use the cheap basic ones. They work awesome for about 4 months if you dont turn your wipers on to go over ice or any hardened bird poop. I just change them 3 times a year and I never have any streaks.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Sonata LX

blades are blades, rain-x doesn't mean anything since it wears off so fast you can't even notice. just use real rain-x and get some 5 dollar blades, wipe off the dirt with a rag every so often and they'll last you months.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 PM

Vehicle: 2005/hyundai/accent gt

i have the super expensive bosche ones, and i have had them for 2.5 years.

i used to work for autozone, so i got them cheaper. they are well worth the money.

and this is in a chicago winter/summer
Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

Thank you for the tips everybody. I'll look into the bosche ones.