External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Led Bulb Replacement...

Old 08-01-2004, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A little more progress

Just for information: is there here anyone of can show me a pictures (with or without altezza tail lights installed) BUT with Led Bulbs instead of the halogen ones ?

I think i'm nearly to make an order about these led bulb conversion, but i'm not so sure about their effective lights.. i was even thinking if these bulbs makes a better reflection on altezza tail lamps...

Plz, correct me if i'm wrong but i should buy: [ref. ]www.superbrightleds.com]

2 of these for the rear stop (1157-R24) DUAL contact

2 of these for the rear gear light (1156-W19) SINGLE Contact

2 of these for the turning lights (1156-A19) SINGLE Contact

..and at last, i will 2 of these one which fit excatly for my bike:

(1157-R30) DUAL Contact ... does anyone tryed to fit these one too for the stop lights or they are too big ?

THANKS!! wink.gif
Old 08-01-2004, 11:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Another AC Problem

You know, I don't have any pics, but the LED ones I got for my Brake lights are dim compared to Incandescent bulbs. I need to get some of those 29 LED multidirectional ones instead and try it.

Do you have Cruise Control?
Old 08-01-2004, 12:49 PM

Default Re: raffles

Do you have Cruise Control?

mm i think i have only the "predisposition" ...of course there are the indicators in the instrum. cluster but the first time i noticed them i asked myself if it was really possible on my car 'cause i never saw a tibby in europe with that...

p.s. thanks for the led bulbs, that was my worse fear... i'll wait a little before buying...
Old 08-02-2004, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Audio question..............

the white 1156's are now available in the 24 LED version...
the reason REDZ asked if you have cruise control is that if you do, you will need to wire in some resistors, b/c the cruise control is also on the brake light circuit. I tried it today.....cruise didnt work w/ my parking lights on, but it did w/ them off.

the 30 LED ones are too big to fit thru the opening on our cars.....I dont know about your bike though.

for the rear turn signals.....get the NARROW angle ones....the wide angles arent really necessary in the rear and since you have side markers/repeaters, probably not in the front either.

I have 1157 19 LED narrow angle front turns, 1157 red 24 LEDS in my Altezza's (Umm Lexus lights, i think for you) brake section, they are a little dim during the day, you can't tell they are on w/ the parking lights, but when you hit the brake pedal they are visible, and i have 1156 19 led narrow angle rear turns, REALLY BRIGHT, flash real fast too.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Went to the track again :)

the 30 LED ones are too big to fit thru the opening on our cars

Ah! great! i was mumbling about the this.. BTW thanks.. now i know for sure that the 30 leds won't fit smile.gif

1157 red 24 LEDS in my Altezza's ...

ok this is REALLY useful for me. Most important thing for me (especially during daytime driving) id that people CAN CLEARLY see me when i'm breaking... i know it can seems silly but i never tested altezza w/ led bulbs so i was sure only about night driving efficiency, but not as so sure during the morning..

...i was thinking about another kind of DIY about putting Luxeon star led or SuperFlux led by myself using the oem tail.. but it seems too much expensive and even comlpex than ever... so before spend money on some kind of altezza, i was looking for someone who tried this before me lol.gif

...at last: for front turning signal i changed with a Philips Silver vision bulb by now (a chromed/silvered bulb) and when off, it is really well hidden...