External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Ixion Help!

Old 10-04-2008, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, i got an ixion kit from importshark (i think it was them - real kit either way) and managed to get the bumpers on. Problem is the sideskirts, I got that they mount over the stock skirts, but there is no slot for the bolt in the front and the lip makes me cautious to drill it into the fenderwell because the lip gives it a quarter inch clearance... is it supposed to stay on strictly by the rear bolts and bondo or am i missing something? any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks all!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Pictures would definitely come in handy right now to better understand the clearance issue.....

What only has a quarter inch of clearance?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:52 AM

unfortunately, i dont have a camera... but the skirts are flat the whole way from rear to front. however, the very, very front of the skirt (that goes into fenderwell) has a lip on it, roughly about a quarter inch on top, before going back to its flat-ness...

...............................lip goes inwards towards fenderwell on this corner. rest of skirt is flat against body.
\________________/l <--front of skirt

----------------------------
Sorry man, its hard to explain 02.gif