External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

IM NEW! I need help on body kits! MIRA?

Old 07-20-2001, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM NEW! I need help on body kits! MIRA?

I have a 2000 GLS Elantra Sedan, and ive been looking into getting a body kit for it, its the silver color, the only one that actually looks nice, on the car. The body kit is a Mira, they have it at HDK Autosport.

Its pretty nice, but I have some questions, if someone can help me.

#1, does that spoiler come with it.
#2, any one have any experience with HDK, or that kit.
#3- will it fit a 2k elantra nicely?

Other questions and stuff I want to do to my car is exhaust, something deep, that will make people look, when i drive by. Something with a nice purrrr. smile.gif.

Umm I want to lower it

Anyother stuff I can do to get more performance out of it, i mainly want exterior performance, like I want it to look very nice, and thats the best body kit ive seen so far for a 2k elantra, any other ideas. THANKS! I LOVE THIS CAR!

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: yamaneko ]
Old 07-20-2001, 03:36 PM

Hey there, great that you found the site. I am the president/founder of Team SR, I live in southern california too, and guess what i drive! Yup, a 2000 Elantra GLS! From people who have the Mira Body kit for the tiburon, they tell me its low quality. I love my JT-style kit, however, i am going in another direction (different car) so am taking it off to sell.

If you are interested, i could give it to you at a VERY low price...it needs just a little fiberglass repair, but it IS the best kit in the world for the elantras!

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: yamaneko ]
Old 07-21-2001, 02:56 AM

Can you give me an estimate on this "very low price"?
Old 07-21-2001, 11:15 AM

Estimate is 500 dollars...its a very rough estimate though.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:17 AM

I've heard that repairing it would cost more than the kit itself. Is the damage minor?
Old 07-21-2001, 02:44 PM

What? Repairing it would cost more than my kit? I dont know who would say that because not even I have a set price on how much it will cost to repair it, so I dont know how someone else is going to say that.

I doubt it would cost more than 200 dollars if that. I will have a quote Tuesday when i get my kit removed.
Old 07-21-2001, 03:21 PM

I didn't mean your kit in particular. I've just heard that repairing fiberglass is expensive and sometimes not even worth it. But you say it will only be around 200 which is very reasonable. What part of the kit is damaged? Are you including the spoiler in your estimate or are you just trying to sell the kit itself? Let me know when you are ready to sell and for what price.

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: Silver Lantra RD ]
Old 12-03-2001, 06:27 AM

dang it... how did I miss out on that bodykit sale? sad.gif by chance that you still have that kit for sale? I know its been a couple months but its still about 1100 from SR.
Old 12-03-2001, 07:18 AM

hey yam what car u getting next??
and did u go to my cuzes smog check place down on mission road yet????