External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

I Finally Did Some Body Work!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Most of the time I post pictures of my car on this site I have had body damage showing. Such as:

My first wreck which was my fault:

Then I fixed it and made it look like this:

I did some body work and visited a body shop to schedule the paint for the next day. After leaving the body shop I stopped at a stop sign so the guy in front of me could back his big ass truck over my front end just for shits and giggles:

After this accident I bought a new used car and the Tib became just a project car until 4 months later my lemon of a Mazda had some rods blow through the block so now the Tib is my new DD for the past month. I had been driving it like this:

And I tried this but it was way too low:

So, finally this weekend I decided to do some seriously need body work on my car and primer. I also got a stock bumper and cut the crooked H out and added some Garage Door Bottom weatherstrip to the bottom of the car. This all rough because I didn't have anything finer then 290 for sand paper but I needed the car to look decent again

And about two weeks ago I cleaned out the engine bay, changed the valve cover (I have Beta II cover now but I don't have recent engine pics) out and painted a couple things:

The red wire loom for the fans will be redirected and covered in black wire loom very soon.

Of course there is a lot I have planned for the future of this car but that's too much to write and I know you guys love pictures more. Check out my interior in the Interior Showroom section.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Yeah, but does it come with air conditioning?

j/k I'm glad you got it together. fing02.gif The stock lip looks surprisingly decent with the side skirts on there.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:22 AM

^^^it does not...yet. I installed all the A/C parts you gave me but I'm having a leak and clog issue possibly.

As far as the front goes I would like to add the cadamuro lip kit and call it done...we'll just see when I can afford it if I can actually get it.

And for the hood I would like the Scoote but I think I'm just going to settle for stock hood until I can shell out the money. Plus their out of stock. This hood is damaged beyond repair but hopefully things will work out with Red Z and I will have a new stock hood soon which I will primer the same color.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

wtf happened to the hood???

lol more bad luck?

good to see it's coming along nicely!

engine bay is beautiful!

how'd you get the head to shine?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

every think of making a custom brush guard for the front so you don't mess up the front of your car anymore?

just kiddin man, looks good
Old 09-22-2008, 02:40 PM

i was so pissed about the hood man. I installed it and then two weeks later I had to drive the car to my dad's garage so I could work on something, I can't remember what but on the way the old latch broke cause it was already bent kinda and the hood flew up. I was going extra slow to but 20 mph's will lift a hood quickly still.

I still have the driverside fender laying around tho, I decided its way too much work to mess with so I'm going to put it up for grabs soon I think.

I cleaned the head with "Simple Green Heavy Duty BBQ Cleaner". You can find it at Home Depot for like 5 bucks a can. Spray it and let it sit for about 15 minutes and then hose it down. Mine was really nasty too so this stuff works pretty good. I also used a toothbrush for the areas that were stubborn.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

crap man, i'm sorry-...

i'll have to try that simple green on the head though!