External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Hyundai Warranty

Old 05-26-2001, 03:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyundai Warranty

I was wondering what all I can do to my car without voiding my warranty... Does anyone know our limits? I have already added a speaker system and some fog lamps, which I doubt would void the warranty, but I have ordered some clear corners and APC taillights... will that do anything to it?
Old 05-26-2001, 03:28 AM

Here is the deal anthing you do can void some part of your warrantee.
For example you hook up an amp or high powered radio to your factory speakers and blow them they will not be covered.

Long story short, anything that is NOT a factory part voids the warrantee on any part that brakes do to this NON-factory part.

Educate yourself on each mod and what it effects.
Old 05-26-2001, 05:43 AM

Hey!
It varies by state too. So be sure to read all of the small and yes, boring print in your owners manual.
Don't be afraid, just be smart and cautious. Ask a lot of questions and research about a modification before you add it to your ride. Feel free to ask anyone of us about any modification, even if you think your question might be dumb. Chances are, it's not. With all of the members here....someone will have an answer. Good Luck!
Luv, IR2
Old 05-26-2001, 06:14 AM

Go to your local dealer and ask the general manager and the service manager.

A buddy of mine has a Golf 1.8T with smoked tail lenses and aftermarket pedals. No engine or exhaust mods. The service tech told him he couldn't do any warranty work because he altered his vehicle.

So it pays to ask questions before you do anything. Make sure to get it in writing too.
Old 05-28-2001, 10:20 PM

Perfect example is my car, headders BTB intake, pulley clear corners and FACTORY WING!!!! now one dealer ( the one I got mycar from ) I took it back for the mafs recall and they didn't want to work on it since I modded the car ( at that time it was tail and intake only ) now I took it for the 48k service and again they didn't want to work on my car FOR REGULAR SERVICE!!! THAT I'M PAYING FOR!!!!! another dealer bitches and complains about my mods by if there is something wrong they say they'll check it but if it is caused by a mod they'll have to find a way to work around it or I'll have to put the stock part back on. What a difference!!! Talk to your dealer first about it since some are cool with the basics IHE and others won't touch a car with only a set of clear corners.
Old 05-29-2001, 03:47 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Turbo Tiburon

Check this tread> Warranty