External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

How do you make clear corners yourself

Old 08-23-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mussa strut bar

Does anyone know how to get stock corner lights apart to get the orange reflector out. I have tried prying on them but I think they will break that way.
And if I get them apart what do I use to seal them back
Old 08-23-2004, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Insomniac Thread

QUOTE (foshezee)
I have tried prying on them but I think they will break that way.

Most of the time they do break.....you migth be able to get one apart, but more likely than not the other will break.

Just buy them from www.kspec.com and save yourself the hassle.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Beta 1 2.4L Engine head swap

i made my own. just use a hammer and a flat blade screwdriver and be careful. Hit the screwdriver into the yellow/orange whatever lense carefully obviously.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX
Default Re: How do you make clear corners yourself

heh go ahead and try it, Ive got a set of stock corners if you want a second chance! wink.gif
Old 08-23-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: adjusting parking brake?

I seriously do not recommend trying this unless you have an extra set. I successfully did it by popping the lens off both corners and taking a dremmel to the areas where the yellow plastic fused to the lens. My downfall was when I siliconed the lenses back on, I clamped one too tight and cracked it after the fact. VERY FRUSTRATING being that the hard part was separating the lens. Anyway, I got a new stock corner from Redz, and ended up breaking that one on the separation as well. (sorry Redz)
Save yourself the headache that I went through, and just buy a set of the real thing, and they really will look better in the end. Where the reflector is fused to the lens, it will leave yellow/orange remnants that need to be sanded off, and it will be slightly visible on the final product.
If you insist on trying yourself, I can post pics of how I did it with a butter knife... I just need to find a cable to download them off my old digicam.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Mussa strut bar

i tried it on the set redz sent me, semi cracked one lense, but its not real noticeable. ill give it a second chance on the ones i have on the car now.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Re: Zefiro Gen I frp vent hood

Three words. . . Don't Do It!!
I too thought, how big a deal can it be? After I finally got them apart, using a hair dryer, and boiling water (they say put them in the oven X amount of time.. blah blah blah I was afraid they'd melt.) and got the reflector mostly pryed off (yep, it still leaves orange afterthoughts on the edges), wiped the water out of em, and off came the chrome painted stuff, sealed them back together, and the next morning the one had cracked all the way around. It was not an easy process, and the one side never did come all the way apart. I think there's still little pieces of it in my kitchen.
NOT WORTH THE HASSLE. Give Kspec a buzz. You'll be glad you did.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:57 AM

Default Re: P-zero Nero, or Parada spec 2?

There is a write up about it for the second gen and Nick has it down for the second gen, you have to carefully break it out and remove it through the bulb hole. I don't think it is possible for the first gen though....but I have a set if someone wants to try it. wink.gif
Old 08-24-2004, 06:30 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: Do I have Foglights?

It is not possible on first gens at all. If you remove the yellow reflector there will be a big hole in the side of the lens. laugh.gif I see you have a "Veilside Tiburon" so chances are your a second gen right?
Old 08-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: RotorPros Group Buy - Accepting Payment!

QUOTE (Dweet)
i made my own. just use a hammer and a flat blade screwdriver and be careful. Hit the screwdriver into the yellow/orange whatever lense carefully obviously.
This is how I did it. Break it into small pieces and pull them out with needle nose pliers (or just shake them out). Do not pry up on a large plastic piece that hasn't been broken off yet. I tried this and the pressure cracked one lens. I had a spare from MrPSXplyr so I just did it to another stock corner.

I would suggest waiting to do this until you have $70 to spend on a set of real clear corners, that way if you break one, you can go ahead and buy the real thing. (speedstate or kspec sell them).

Didn't I make a write up on the old site? I couldn't find it :?