External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

how bad is it?*edit with KIT pics*

Old 12-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how bad is it?*edit with KIT pics*

well i got rid of my 17" Tantrums bc off all the problems i had with them(vibes mostly) and decided to start fresh...also rims looked little too big for my car.
found set of 16s i liked for really good price TSW Edge.
here is a pic i looked at when i made my decision

got really good deal on tire package. Ever since then everything related to my car has turned to pure ****.
Got them 2 weeks ago...didnt like them from teh beginning, looked too small and stick out too much.Did not put on b/c it snowed prety hard for first time this year(like 7 inches or so). same day going from work i slid sideways in to a curb going about 30mph and ****ed up my rear wheel and suspention arms. Thankfully i didnt have my new wheels on...taht's about the only positive thing that's happend to me past month.
Anyway i was dumb enough to take my car to the dealer and let them fix it.....total came to about 600 adn as you may have figured that didnt make me too happy. that was all my kit painting money...every penny i even had to add few bucks.
Dealer refused to do teh work unles they did teh alignment which i was going to do anway sice i put springs on few weeks ago, but dint want them to do it.
i had no choice but to bring the wheels and let them put it on for 20 bucks(10 mins of work) they refused to let me do it in the lot assrapeing motherfucckers!!! i was afraid they'd scratch them and worse torq lugs too much.

car set at thedealer for over a week(parst came in 5 days late!!!!) picked the car up today pissed at hell and to make it worse wheels looked small as bird ****s, shine like chrome with sun directly looking at them, and stick out as hell(not the whole wheel but the spokes).

on my way home i noticed taht tires loud as **** when get over 40(711's only option with these rims) comparing to H4's on my old 17's. it sounds like a friggin monster truck ...probly bc i too k out my backseat so i guess ill have to put it back now.

ok taht's about it...havenot writen so much since English paper my senior year

anyway, now i have no choice but to stick with these wheels since i ahve only 3 stock wheels lol(actually taht's not funny) and going back to school in March.
please tell me they dont look as bad as i think they do but be honest!
ill get few more pics tomorrow.
PS rubenz i dotn wnat to hear any **** from you...just bad/good/ok no graphic descriptions of how they look

EDIT pics will be here in jsut a sec, putting this up so i dont loose it...tooke me a whle to write

[ December 18, 2002, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Big_Al ]
Old 12-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Al

Old 12-17-2002, 12:08 PM
Al

Old 12-17-2002, 12:10 PM

wow, your car looks just like myne... minus the tint
Old 12-17-2002, 01:21 PM

i think it looks allright, but i would be very careful parking it.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:37 PM

they look ok. looked better before with the bigger rims. and they do stick out just a tad too much. Now the car doens't look as dropped as it did before. but overall the other ones looked better. that wasn't too detailed was it? smile.gif
Old 12-17-2002, 02:55 PM

They look real good!, i would have just sticked with the 17's though wink
Old 12-17-2002, 03:24 PM

They really don't look bad from the side view but i really don't like how they stick out so much. Overall, they arn't too bad, but i understand your complaints.

[ December 17, 2002, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Emagdnim ]
Old 12-18-2002, 02:30 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Alex... they are pretty bad looking, I liked the other ones a lot better... I really dislike how they stick out like that... well, better luck next time...
Old 12-18-2002, 02:58 AM
Al