External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

hoods

Old 08-02-2004, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: AEM Intake

i was wondering one, why are all carbon fiber hoods black, is it possible to paint them of anything and are there any non carbon fiber hood for the gen 2. i like the vent one on importshark.com, but its for a gen 3.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Re: AEM Intake

carbon fiber hoods aren't really "black", its just that the CARBON (think pencil lead) is a REALLY dark gray.

Most CF hoods ARE paintable.

Kurt at Custom Composite is currently being boycoted due to some rather unfortunate experiences REDZ had w/ him......

Although I've heard that the ban might be lifted soon, who knows.....I Love the REDZ mako hood, if kurt gets his "ish" together, i'd love to get one of those hoods in CF. I plan on painting SOME of a CF hood when i get one, But if i told you how, I'd have to kill you.

he also makes stuff in FG, but the NOSTRIL HOOD is the ugliest thing to ever grace a tiburon, even worse than the "Rectum" Kit.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Blacktibs in a nutshell

people use tinted or colored fibers as well, if you've got the money. i know it's expensive, but it looks nice when the light hits it.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: turbulence buttons/knobs for tibs?

Yeah, you can put a colored clear coat over your CF parts like Batlord did, or you can get Colored kevlar added to the weave to get a nice color in ther.e

If I was a CF guy, I'd DEFINATELY get a color.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Alpine coupe

ok, thx for all the help and info
Old 10-15-2004, 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Military roll call

QUOTE (tibwrcsbj)
carbon fiber hoods aren't really "black", its just that the CARBON (think pencil lead) is a REALLY dark gray.

Most CF hoods ARE paintable.

Kurt at Custom Composite is currently being boycoted due to some rather unfortunate experiences REDZ had w/ him......

Although I've heard that the ban might be lifted soon, who knows.....I Love the REDZ mako hood, if kurt gets his "ish" together, i'd love to get one of those hoods in CF. I plan on painting SOME of a CF hood when i get one, But if i told you how, I'd have to kill you.

he also makes stuff in FG, but the NOSTRIL HOOD is the ugliest thing to ever grace a tiburon, even worse than the "Rectum" Kit.

That's funny, I guess it's a matter of opinion. I always envisioned a ram air hood like on the trans ams for my tib, then I found Custom Composite and fell in love. Exactly what I envisioned. Just got mine a few weeks ago. [/size][size=3]
Old 10-15-2004, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: hoods

Not to mention I also like the gill fenders on the "rectum" kit. The kit is ugly as hell but those fenders are awsome. Minus the bullet holes of course. I heard Curt was working on a mold to make fenders like those. Ditto the ban on him. Hope He gets his stuff together and makes more products. It took him a while to finally ship me my hood but I was pleased with it and would do business again.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:06 AM

Default Re: aftermarket MAF + SAFC

purple please do not double post.

I love the way CF looks and would never paint it!
Old 10-16-2004, 08:05 AM

[quote="purpletib"]that's funny, I guess it's a matter of opinion. I always envisioned a ram air hood like on the trans ams for my tib, then I found Custom Composite and fell in love. Exactly what I envisioned. Just got mine a few weeks ago.[/size][size=3][/quoute]

You are one of a VERY few people who actually like that hood on either gen, even some of the ppl who have one dont like it that much.

Originally Posted by purpletib
Not to mention I also like the gill fenders on the "rectum" kit. The kit is ugly as hell but those fenders are awsome. Minus the bullet holes of course. I heard Curt was working on a mold to make fenders like those. Ditto the ban on him. Hope He gets his stuff together and makes more products. It took him a while to finally ship me my hood but I was pleased with it and would do business again.
I never said anything about the fenders....Just the kit itself. Search for info about the fenders HERE.

......we, the members of RDTiburon.com were the ones that tried to get those fenders made.......

After over a YEAR of promises and lies, he STILL owes REDZ $200 and a set of vents. I think REDZ ordeal began OVER 2 years ago. We all wish he'd get his ***t together b/c yes he does make DECENT products......some people have had fitment issues w/ the hoods though.....and his packaging for shipping is less than desireable.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:54 AM

QUOTE (OdessitPashka)
I love the way CF looks and would never paint it!

See I don't.. I already got dibs on a CF hood that one of our members will be replacing in the spring.. after I fit it with my hood vents.. it is getting painted the same colour as the car. I like the light weight, not the looks, of CF