External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

High beam HIDs

Old 05-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Tiburon GT
Default High beam HIDs

I like having everything the same so Im thinking about getting HIDs for my high beams. Since it usually takes a few seconds for HIDs to be at their brightest, does anyone know of a company that makes instant on HIDs that dont flicker or take time to be at their brightest point?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

^Not for an aftermarket set......hell, a lot of cars that come with low beam HID's have halogen highs. Never seemed worth it to me, unless you drive long, back road sections with no other traffic.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

There's really no point in having high beam HIDs. If your low beam HIDs aren't adequate, check your aiming, or evaluate the quality of your HIDs. Putting them in your high beams, as you said, takes a few seconds to warm up and likely won't provide that much more visibility once they're warmed up. Because of how HIDs work, I don't see how you could get instant brightness from them. Sylvania Silverstars may be a better option, but I come back to reevaluating your low beam HIDs.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I have 55W HID hi/low/fog from DDM, 6.5K high, 8K low/fog.

The highs are daylight bright, and do help. But the delay is a tad annoying. If you flick down for oncoming traffic, then back up, it's ok, but if it's more than ~20 seconds it has to warm up again.

It does help with visibility though, and in the long run was cheaper for me than replacing halogens every 3 months...
Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

I have 55w HIDs in the hi beams. Best thing I ever did. Once mine have been on then I can shut them off for almost a minute before there is any delay in relighting them.