External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Hid Kit

Old 10-15-2005, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definatelly reccommend HID's...I bought a kit a year ago...old style and it crapped out at a year...have a much better kit now and it cost me about $100 less then the old kit...having played the bulb game for years nothing compares to HID...I have had 8000K kits and love the blue color...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

you guys convinced me too!!

I just ordered Uneek's HID's....got 4300K

did anyone install this HID kit in RD2? where to mount the ballast?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

there's endless possibilities....

the pass. side is real easy (especially for me since I no longer have that annoying winshield washer resovoir tank/tube in the way laugh.gif ).

Uneek's kit comes with bolts so that's a plus...and there are like 5 spots you can use on the pass. side.

The diver-side is tricky...you'll probably need to remove battery AND battery tray to find a good spot. I mounted mine with the stickies that Uneek's kit comes with and zip ties (since the holes didn't line up perfectly) and mounted the driver side one under the battery tray at an angle upaward. This makes it so the wiring is just long enought to reach the headlight without dangling wires....

but, it's not visibile (which some ppl like the 'bling" factor)...yeeea.....who gives a shit, it's just a ballast.

more pics after tonight.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i have the PERFECT spot for mounting the ballasts. you will need to open up your headlights though. ill grab a picture and post later on.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:38 AM

do it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!! drillsergeant.gif

cuz I may be taking apart my headlights again very soon.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

QUOTE (tibby01 @ Oct 27 2005, 04:56 PM)
i have the PERFECT spot for mounting the ballasts. you will need to open up your headlights though. ill grab a picture and post later on.

open up headlights as in putting it in the oven to get the plastic pieces apart?

or you mean taking off the front bumper?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

well, im not sure it will be the same for rd1s, but you probably want to look into it. you dont really have to open the headlights up either, i just wanted to make sure i had a nut on the screw that goes into the actual headlight assembly. the holes i drilled were a lot smaller than the bolts, and it probably didnt even need the nut. very secure hold(and air tight as well...no moisture at all so far). the other screw just goes through a plastic tab; does not enter the headlight at all.

it ends up fitting in a tiny little pocket right under the headlights...pretty cool.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:40 PM

^^GREAT IDEA

too bad it wouldn't work for Rd1's. No clearance. (Dont' quote me on that).

btw, tibby01: I still need help w/ the cluster. It's still FUBAR mang. Hit me up on AIM. offtopic.gif
Old 10-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

most HID's flicker when you turn them on (warming up stage) but the HALO HID's don't.

I mounted my ballasts next to the WASHER FLUID RESEVIOR and the other behind the battery (wires go around the battery) and it mounts where the factory air boxes were. There's even a hole to screw the ballast down at (where factory airbox mounted to).