External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

HID Install

Old 02-23-2003, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Install

OK, having blown my 3rd set of bulbs, including the one of a pair I installed in saturday..I am seriously considering a HID conversion.

I have tried search and I drowned in the flood

Can anyone who has done this give a quick 'How -To' and give it a difficulty rating? Can I do it myself, or would I be better off getting a proffessional to sort it out??

Thanks Guys
Old 02-24-2003, 01:15 AM

its pretty easy to install. took me about two hours max i believe to do everything. the hardest part was um...well just taking off the headlights which is easy.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:49 AM

You might want to get a professional to do it. It is yes fairly simple to do it yourself but, installing it not only requires in some cases depending on kit requires some drilling and sanding. And if done just slightly wrong could cause you to buy another housing. Then you must aim the beam which is hard to do because of the extra light the beam pattern always changes when you look at it(especially since you have projectors). So it's your choice to do it. I just spent $75 dollars to have it done right, and it only took about an hour.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:24 PM

how much brighter is the hid over the regular bulbs??? because the stock bulbs are horrible!!
Old 02-26-2003, 11:45 PM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

Hey Long,

where is the post on your HID install? - I've looked everywhere!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:04 AM

Xorro:
Hey Long,

where is the post on your HID install? - I've looked everywhere!
ya know just for you zoe....im going to do a full write up this weekend. take pics and everything of the install.

and for those i told id get the numbers....sorry its been horrible weather down here in the south. i'll post those too.