External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.
View Poll Results: What kolor should the tib go?
Pearl White (cadillac CTS gold pearl)
68.00%
Kandy green
16.00%
Tangello pearl
16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Help Me Choose My New Skin

Old 12-17-2006, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Right...

In the spring my mother sells the house in the UK. Now both my brother and I have alot of time and money invested into that place as it was us who took care of it and did the mods after my dad died.

When it sells my mother is moving into a smaller apartment (paid for of course) and so there is a high chance she will pay for my tib to be painted.

Now the color I have sort of decided on is the sorta pearl white color that they paint cadillac CTS's and some dodge cars.

It's white but it looks more cream/magnolia and when the light hits it glints gold.

I like that color alot..

But then there are 2 other colors I know would look teh hot and I cant decide.

One is kandy apple green (straight over the flattened white paint on there now as with the others I have chosen) or tanglelo pearl which is an orange oearl basecoat.

The paint on my tib is good, the front bumper needs work and needs to be primed white but the good thing is you can go straight over the white primer and whats left of the tibs paint with any of these finishes, once theyre down its clearcoat and done.

The problem I have right now is small dings and dents and of course the famous hoofprint in the hood, aswell as a slightly twisted fender (thats an easy fix I just havent got to the body yet).

With my interior VERY close to completion (add the gamecube and theme the trunk) I will be moving to the exterior.

The rims I am going to stick with, theyre hockenheim clones and among my fave rims of all time. but I cant firmly decide on the exterior color, and once I make the choice Im stuck with it..

Im like, 80% pearl white atm, because I have never seen that finish on a tib, not even here smile.gif
Old 12-17-2006, 04:50 PM

I think the pearl white would look great on the tib. Hope everything turns out ok and you can get it painted. you'll love it even more after its has a new skin on it, granted! fing02.gif
Old 12-17-2006, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

I'd go with GM's Diamond White. It's the color that they use on the Cadillac and GMC's luxury line.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:24 AM

I think the white would look b****en myself.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

yeah Im decided on the white tbh but bloody hell its hard to get.

House of kolor do one thats got platinum pearl but i want the one with the gold pearl in it.

I think this could be even easier and cheaper than I thought tbh, because I think all I have to do is get the white clean and tidy and then blast some kosmic klear over it with the pearl in it (gold pearl of course)

Art, that lockup of yours has electricity right? lmao.gif

Cos thats where I was planning on doing it laugh.gif

I tried to phone yesterday Art, but I guessed what with it being a weekend you were working your tail off as always..

What I plan to do if this is cool with you is..

Take 4 days off of work.

Day one, fill the dents from gas attendants, fill and shape the fender back to correctness.

Prime the damaged areas with white primer, to be used as a base.

Day 2, sand the front bumper and metal glaze the pock marks from road damage.

Again white prime the enture front bumper.

Day 3, sand the entire car with p400 in a sander, it will only take about 3-4 hours with 2 of us going at it with sanders. The tib is small and the paint only needs to be flattened..

Day 4, wash, dewax, mask and spray on a layer of clear with pearl. 2 more coats of which before putting down 2 coats of clear clear over the top of the pearl.

I can rent a compressor from a local place (I think the local ACE does HVLP) and I have a gravity feed gun (that needs serious cleaning..)

You up for it dude?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:25 AM

There's a tib around here in NY that has a full-molded VS kit that's white with orange/gold pearl. Looks purdy. I'll have to post a pic when I get home from work.

edit: just remembered he has a HINCITY profile... CLICK HERE

Old 12-19-2006, 09:35 PM

You might wanna try the peral on the escalades it has that nice gold hue in the afternoon but at night I think it is the best time to see it.