External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Headlight tinting materials?

Old 02-06-2003, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight tinting materials?

Hey all,

Lately, I've been trying to come up with some creative things to do with my headlights. I have an 00' Elantra, and as most of you know, there isn't anything out there for us as far as custom lighting. I tinted my tail lights with Nightshades, but when I tried to use it on my heaflights, it turned out like crap.

I was wondering if anyone knew of some sort of film/tint or transparent vinyl that I could place over my headlights to give them a darker hue? I know a company called Wako makes exactly what I'm looking for, but I just can't find a place online that sells it! SPW Industries used to, but when I tried to place an order, they said they were going out of business. It's called Wako Film Tint or something of that nature.

Man, I can't wait until winter is over. I seriously have parts piled up in my computer room just waiting to go on. 17" Velox VX-6 rims w/toyo tires, Eibach springs, KYB GR2 struts, Apexi SAFC, etc... I'm just trying to get all the little details out of the way before I get to work on major things.

Blah, I ramble a lot.

Any help would be appreciates as always.

--------------------
Joe Bongiovanni
www.elitedivisionmarketing.net
Old 02-06-2003, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, depending on what type of look your going for, you could actually go to a theater shop and ask for "gels," which are colored lenses used for lighting. These gels are made to withstand very hot temps, so your headlights would not melt them. My advice would be to put them on the inside of your headlight lamps, but be careful... most colors are ILEGAL!! poke