External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Headlight Lense

Old 06-06-2005, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, honestly, the only reason I can think that the tech could have failed the audi... those lights are Eurocode which have a MUCH different beam pattern than UScode. Eurobeam lights have VERY little scatter upwards, US code lights throw a considerable amount of light up towards the sky to illuminate overhead signs. In europe they tend to have lights on their signs and do not need this.

If anything, eurocode lights are more efficent because they throw most of their light on the road... but, here is a question for you. You work in a dealership that inspects cars.. ask them personally about glass headlights. If it was truely an issue, the DOT would start making the manufactorers of the replacement lights to start making all the round and rectangular sealed lights out of plastic instead of allowing them to remain glass.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:14 PM

don't work there anymore.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (KayDM @ Jun 6 2005, 04:08 PM)
now do you know anyone who has used it? i need like tell tail truth stories before i run out and purchase something like that.

i'll post pictures later on tonight to show how messed up they are.

Yes, the guys in whatever magazine that was used it, and did before and after pics. I'll see if I can't find out who it was. I'm gonna get that kit to do my headlights again, they are pretty pitted/scratched.

Works great.