External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Going To Revamp.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey guys. This spring I hope to fix my body kit up from being pretty trashy and also putting a new wing I have bought from a guy for $20. I am doing it no matter what, but I wanted your opinions. The wing I have is pretty ricey looking but it looked pretty good when I just eye balled it on my car.

Here is the picture of the wing I got, not a big picture. Think the wing is too ricey for a tiburon?

Also here are where all the cracks are on my kit. Also with all the paint chips on the front.
First is the chips in the front. This is before I hit a construction zone area.

Here is the back also. The crack on the right side was there when I got the kit off a guy. There are also holes in the trunk from a ugly looking alluminum wing that we had on the car when I bought it too. He covered the holes with tape and painted over it. Now the paint is chiping and looking even more crappy. Need to paint the whole trunk now......

Here is the spots that cracked after hitting the uneven cement area in the construction zone. That is also why I am looking for a fender on the Wanted forum...you really cant see it, but it is dented and warped.

I have some work to do and it should be funny fixing up my baby. If you have any opinion what to do that wont cost too much, let me know.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

shark wing truthfully is the only wing i think looks sexy on a RD1. to each his own i guess but at least look at it this way..

if you happen to run out of gas it will be easy to push it down the road with that grocery cart handle.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

ditch that wing...

go with shark wing...only one that remotely looks good on RD1
Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 PM

I wanted a shark wing but getting one was $200, so thats too much for me to spend on a wing. I would rather use that $200 on the motor or something else. When I put it on I will be sure to show pictures, if it looks real bad, then I will definitly take it off.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 PM

guarantee it will look bad...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ lol mwood you just say things straight up huh....lol yeah get a shark wing, you'll find one floating around here on this forum sooner or later.....I picked one up for mine...it's an rd2 but hey i'm gonna make it work and i think it'll look great smile.gif

and if anything fails pick up a wings west one....its a copy but hey at least it looks like a shark wing and will look 100000000000X better than that fast and furious one you got there...lol leave those to the ricey dx civics and rs eclipses. lmao.gif
Old 02-25-2010, 12:42 AM

^^^

i just speak my opinon...
Old 02-25-2010, 12:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

oh and honestly I don't think 200 is too bad for a part that's pretty rare here in the states (plus its getting harder to source one these days)....i know a lot of guys and girls here on the forum have one for their rd1's but it's like a must-have for rd1 owners
Old 02-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You need sideskirts too. Having just aftermarket front and back bumpers look really bad.

I would say buy skirts, keep the spoiler off but fill in the holes and do the rest of the body work, get some nice rims, and call it a day!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 AM

I have side skirts. I live in PA.......I busted them so bad on the bumps and hills so I took them off. I cant make it out of my drive way without hearing that fiberglass just rubbing away..... Ordering rims off a guy on here for $150. The RD1 14"s painted black. Yeah I guess the overall opinion on having the ricer wing on is a no go! I really appreciate all your opinions!