External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Gas-powered blower to dry?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Gen Coupe V6
Default Gas-powered blower to dry?

OK, maybe this is a little wierd, but is it fine to use a high-powered leaf blower to dry the car? Will it damage anything?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

I wouldnt think it would hurt anything, the detailers at work use air from a compressor to get the hard to reach cracks and crevices.

If your worried just buy a chamois or a Microfiber towel from Detailer's Domain?

Personally I use a Chamois, I work as a Porter so i use one from work that i have broken in real nice

I've heard a few people here use the Detailer's Domain Towel

DD Uber Microfiber towel
Old 12-09-2012, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

No, it won't hurt anything. Many scratches/swirls come from drying a non-completely clean car. Many think washinga car once is good. You keep washing ti until it is clean. Though if you wash it wrong, you arn't helping yourself either. But if you dry a car with a white towell and it is anything but brilliant white after, you just swirled it ALL up. At least when cleaning wrong, there is some lubrication, but if dry, there is nothing. Many great detailers use this method, the less you can touch the better. You will still need to dry it a bit, but basicaly you use the leave blower to get the mass of water off, then use detial spray then dry it. But it depends how anal you are.....how many swirls you have in the first place, and how much time you spend removing swirls and how much time you want to save.