External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Fundraiser car washes

Old 03-15-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon
Default Fundraiser car washes

How many of you get your car washed at fundraising washes that happen a lot in the summer? Schools, kid sport teams, etc usually hold them to try and raise money for something. I hate to come across as an a**hole but I never go to them because 9 out of 10 times they use dish soap instead of car wash and they drop their rags and sponges on the ground that cause them have rocks and dirt embedded on them. I care too much about my paint to let some 15 year old kid put scratches or swirls all over it. Who else agrees?
Old 03-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

That is how I wash my own car.. at least I don't have to do it myself bringing it to them.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I never go to them either for the same reasons that the OP pointed out. I feel bad sometimes just driving right pass them but if I knew that they were using legit products and I didnt have to worry about scratches showing up, then I would support them a lot more.