External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Fricken Deer

Old 12-27-2004, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Civic Front Strut

Ok, on the way home from work, I hit a damn deer. Frankly, living in central Illinois and spending a lot of time on country roads, I am suprized that it took almost 6 years of driving to hit one....but my baby is in the driveway hurt.

Right now I am trying to find some good in this entire situation. I have a claims adjuster coming out tomorrow. From what I can tell, the hood is gone, the drivers side corner is next to vaporized, the drivers side front fender is done, the bumper may be damaged, and the piece that is in front of the engine that the bumper and radiator bolt onto is bent to hell.

I am going to wait for the estimates, but I am pretty sure that I am going to try to find as many aftermarket parts as possible. I know about the clear corners at kspec, but I am trying to find a good company for carbon fiber hoods. Any suggestions?

Also, I am pretty sure that they are not available, but does anyone know where I can get some Z3 fenders?

I will post pics when I can.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Engine Splutters.. need help... chain of problems

Yeah, I feel ya. I live in rural southern Virginia. My parents hate for me to go out at night past like 11pm because they're like "Oh god, one of those damned deer is gonna get you."

Yep, but its perfect time for aftermarket goodies. Most aftermarket parts are cheaper than OEM. I've been wanting to find a good carbon-fiber hood as well for an RD2, so I wait for those responses. I'm about to send off for KSpec corner lights tomorrow as well. They are the best place for them.

I don't think they make Z3 fenders for our cars. I don't know of any cars off the top of my head that have a similar fender that could be made to fit with a little body work. Even then, you would need to replace the other fender or your car would look uber ghetto and be ready for Pimp My Ride on MTV. (Has anyone seen the episode with the Asian guy and the 240SX? His body kit was stuck on with double sided tape roflmao. My favorite line was when the dude was like "You have 3 XBoxes now, so 12 people can now play in your car!!! and he's like "12 People! I don't have that many friends" lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif )[/b]
Old 12-27-2004, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Engine Cutoff at highspeeds?

I'm very sorry to hear about your misfortune. There's a place that has carbon fiber hoods I think it's www.customcarbons.com Unfortunately the Z3 fenders are history. Good luck
Old 12-27-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Fricken Deer

Dudski's i feel u both bro's i live right above you man, in the far south western suberbs of Chicago and i often times drive down to and through Peoria so i know shnitz bad around there, was with cubershark being all "I'm very sorry to hear about...." sounds like hes taking rydalin and starting to see a shrink, lol, waht happened to the good ole Cybershark we all knew and loved that was a badass, not a Junior college graduate, and about the asian dude, "LMAO" thats all ill say, now back to the dear bit, i saw pics from a Durango, not cute
http://www.snopes.com/photos/durango.asp
http://www.rodharrison.com/bucks/DeervsDurango.htm
Old 12-27-2004, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: What NOT to do when pulled over

i've been wanting to hit a dear for a while. LOL. is that wrong?

VIS makes a hood for us.

post some pics of the accident
Old 12-28-2004, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX
Default Re: New Decal Design Contest...

Move over here! LOL The deer are the size of beagals! heh they just go bump, and it feels like a small speed bump! lol.gif
Old 12-28-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Global Warming

Yeah, this one wasn't huge, but it was pretty big for a doe.

Anyone have any feedback on the VIS hood on e-bay?
Old 12-28-2004, 03:57 PM

Default Re: What NOT to do when pulled over

I am just glad to hear you are ok.

The dear around here are small too.. but I know in the upper reaches of michigan and wisconson they practically turn into moose...
Old 12-28-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Does anyone here know where to contact Dom?

I went to a repair shop today and here is the list from a 5 min estimate:

New Parts:

Hood
Front Bumper
Corner Light
Drivers Head Light
Fender
Radiator Support

Repairable:

Drivers Side Mirror
Rear Bumper

My insurance company told me that after the claims adjuster looks at it, I can take it where ever I want, so I am going to check around and by the time this is done, I hope to have:

Carbon Fiber Hood
Clear Corners (kspec)
SC-2 Body Kit

I need to find someone quick though, because if everything goes as planned, I know that the body kit will take a while to get here and my car just plain looks like a$$ right now.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Does anyone here know where to contact Dom?

Doode, don't get the SC2 bodykit, it's shit.

Get an ORIGINAL MPS kit or the new copy of it from Speed Factor.