External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

EZ Lip

Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon I4
Default EZ Lip

This is probably the same people who sell them on ebay but does anyone else find it hilarious that some dude probably went to Home Depot, bought a ton of garage molding, and thought they could turn it into a business by calling his products "automotive styling lips?"

http://ezlip.com/

I bet he charges 5-10 times more than what you can buy it for at HD too.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

pretty ingenious.. I sure wish I thought of it first.. Between the tape and garage door seal, I priced it out to be a bit under 7$ or less to do one of these by going straight to home depot..

Quite the awesome profit margin for something so universal and easy to sell to people.

I have an 'EZlip' and I love it.. Takes to weather and abuse very well and still looks the same as it did the day I put it on.. Added the profile and look I wanted to the car also.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Only $30.50!!!1 Deal of the century!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:19 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

One time I seen on a lexus forum guys talking about its to cheap for they're lexus. Then some guy from ezlip got on talking about they don't use garage door seals they're material is different and much stronger and they use the best adhesive tape on the market. He stressed its not a HD lip. I thought it was bs and spent like 11 buck on a HD lip. Why not? Its the same sh*t!

found it: ezlip Lexus forum
Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

whatever the EZ lip guys say is total bull crap.. I took a sample to home depot.. SAME profile, same feel, same stuff.. OF COURSE they are going to say it isn't the same because they don't want people going out and DIY'ing it.

What they are saying by GUARANTEEING you can't find it in the store is probably to do with it being a different brand of the same stuff.. Also, just because you can't find the lip + tape in the same store doesn't mean you can't find it.. It wouldn't be that hard to find exactly what they use and still make it for half the cost or less.

All the tape is, is simple 3M double sided tape found at most super stores and auto stores.. The garage door seal is pretty much identical at Home Depot.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:27 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

pretty smart actually

we have a member here who, iirc, was using a industrial A/C part as a hood spacer and sold em on ebay for a while

he made thousands when they were popular
Old 04-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Remember when Shark Racing sold the "Hood Riser Kits" for like $40 or what ever, and all it was was 2 bolts and some washers?

I would LOVE to see someone buy an EZ Lip, and then go to HD and buy the parts there. Then do a photo and video comparison and post it online proving some of these companies scam the hell out of people with their products and over charge for something that anyone can buy else where for a quarter of the price.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Your shout