External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Ever got anything weird stuck in your bumper or grill?

Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Accent
Default Ever got anything weird stuck in your bumper or grill?

Driving to work this morning, I hit a small bird in mid flight and when I got to work, I saw that it was stuck in my grill still flapping around. I got a stick and was able to help free it and it flew away. Thought it was pretty funny. laugh.gif
Old 08-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I was riding with my parents to Orlando in their Ford Expedition. When we pulled into the hotel, a group of people were standing outside and started laughing at us. We had apparently hit a seagull at some point and it was stuck in the front grill, wings stretched out. It looked like it was placed there intentionally, like an Aflac duck.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:39 PM

Vehicle: '99 Coupe/Tiburon F2 Evolution

In my old car I was driving from Uni back home, for the later end of the trip (only an hour) i could smell a really wierd smell.

When I got home, I was unpacking and realised that there was a Squirrel stuck behind my grill and wedged against my radiator.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Pigeon slammed into my grill going about 50mph. Blood and feathers inside the engine bay. Had to pry him out of the hole cause he was in there good.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

got a black bird of some kind stuck in the tibs upper grill. I think it was a crow but I'm not sure.

I saw it swoop in front of the tib and watch for it in the rear view but didn't see it. huh.gif Thought, must have missed it, and drove the rest of the way to grandma's. We got there and were unloading when I saw something black sticking out of the grill. I think it broke it's neck soooo it didn't fly away or anything... tossed it into the field.

edit: you must have a sharp grill jon, I was doing at least 50 and it just jambed in there.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

mini butane torch after doing some wiring . damn thing slid down and got wedged between the radiator and the core support. got it out after i took the front bumper off when doing some other wiring.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Aug 18 2010, 02:08 PM)
Pigeon slammed into my grill going about 50mph. Blood and feathers inside the engine bay. Had to pry him out of the hole cause he was in there good.

hahahahahaha i remember that

i think i have the convo somewhere ill have to look at the logs later

mine was a finger

yes a human finger

a few years back a lady jumped off a bridge in front of a semi that was right next to me

cops pulled a finger out of my grill then proceeded to try to arrest me for leaving the scene of a accident (had my 6 or 7 year old niece in the car and didnt want her to know wtf happened, so i kept driving, its not like me sticking around wouldve saved her life or something)
Old 09-27-2010, 12:52 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe LX

When I had my Cutlass, a truck kicked something up at me I thought it was a rock, but in fact it was a half eaten Milky Way stuck in the grill.