External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Erebuni Fenders

Old 05-25-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, my car is going through another transformation (pun intended), but my shop hit a road block today. I was lucky enough to get a set of the Erebuni Z3 fenders with only a month and a half wait. Off the car, the look great, on the car, not so hot. The shop had to ream out the mounting holes on the fenders to get them to fit. Once on, the gap on the passenger side around the door and hood SUCKS. The "point" of the fender that meets the door right below the A pillar is very blunt, and shows the structure support below it. Then you go over to the driver side, and the gap next to the hood sucks, but the gap near the door is much better. The "point" on the driver side is very sharp, and fits much nicer. Sorry I only had my phone to take pics with.

Click em.

The shop is recommending that if I want to keep the gills, that they should cut them out, and mold them into the stock fenders. Keep in mind, one fender was crushed by a tree last year. They'd rather beat out the broken metal fender than deal with how screwed up the FG are. That's bad.

They haven't come up with a price to do that yet, (I stopped by the shop at 10pm just to take a peek at it, and they were still working). So I don't know if it'll be worth it to have these "NEW" fenders chopped up and pay the fee to mold them, or if it's worth it to just go with stock fenders, and try and make back some cash for them on ebay. Though, I'd hate to sell them on ebay knowing that they don't fit well. ugh. Purple, maybe you should see about getting a refund... these suck.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ew.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:37 PM

Do you think because of the damage that the fender might not be lining up right, or is the new fender definitely to blame? Because if it's not the fender then you should have a pretty clear conscience about selling them.
Stock fenders don't really line up on mine anymore after the minor accident (no frame damage) if had.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:40 PM

kb, well, I don't know for sure, but the damage that was done to the original fender was less of a large shock to the whole fender, and looked more like it was hit with a hammer a couple times in the fleshy, non-reinforced part... and the rest of the stock fender still fit perfectly around the hood and door. I guess that's why the shop thinks it would be better to fix it than replace it.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:46 PM

That sucks! Anyone around you with a tib that you could test fit the fender on just to be sure? You could take more pics and go back to Erebuni and see what they are willing to do. Worse comes to worse you could sell them on ebay and just list that some "modifications" will need to be made for proper fitment.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:50 PM

sadly, I'm the only person I know who has an RD within several cities away...

I didn't even want the Z3, but it was cheaper than a single new stock fender, and it was another mod to add to the list. I REALLY wanted the F1/Type Z fenders Blacktibs was going to make... 02.gif
Old 05-25-2006, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Aghhh! Yeah.... I don't know at this point... I called them yesterday and mine still aren't in. Long only had fitment issues around the turn signal lights... Maybe it's the luck of the draw? This along with the news about the original VDI kits having fitment issues has really got me down. I've been waiting for months for nothing!!! I'd rather not have to hack up stock fenders for the VDI. That's why I ordered these. That and I still haven't seen progress with the flyryde fenders. Maybe I can hope??? I wonder if they would give me a hard time about a refund.... Aviv should check this out too. Get some better pics when you get the chance. I'd like to see how bad it really is.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:05 AM

I stopped by this morning to take pics with a real camera. In the daylight, and not crammed between cars inside a small shop, it's not as terrible as I had thought, but I also haven't gotten the corner lights in either. Here are pics. I got my driver/passenger side mixed up in the upper post, but there is a definite difference near the A pillar. The gaps on the passenger side are what really gets me though. You can see all of the hinges and whatnot, the hood will look totally unprofessional with that gap, and I'm not cool with that.

Click em.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:55 AM

I'm thinkin it might be worth the 10% penalty, to go ahead and get a refund.

I couldn't live with that kind of gap.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:49 PM

yeah my fenders had some gap problems that i cant deal with either. thats why i took them off a week after installing them.

i didnt have that problem at the pillar though. only at the front turn signal.

the gap by the door wasnt that big but maybe its because i have the vdi.

my hood gap wasnt any different except at the corner.

the gaps can be fixed thought with a little FB and bondo.. more work than id want to do but its really not that bad if you take the time to do it.