External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Enkei's

Old 06-14-2004, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious as to the opinions of you fine fellows on the Enkei Arashis. http://www.enkei.com/PerfSpecPAGES/arashiSpecs.html I really like the look of these but I've been reading some of your recent posts on rims and I was curious as to how much the ride quality is really giong to suffer if I go with 17's . Plus I also haven't been able to find a good site for reviews on aftermarket parts and was curious if you have any recommendations. Thanks alot
Old 06-14-2004, 01:09 PM

that is a very aggressive rim, it would look awesome with a full body kit installed. it will depend on what look you are going for. if you want your ride to look clean and smooth, I would suggest something else. enkei make great rims, they usually cost a bit more, but from what I read, owners of them think they are worth every penny.

btw, can you take the brackets off the link so that people can click on it.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

17's? Ehh, I've voiced my opinons on those. Also, note there isn't a weight listed.

This site has excelent reviews on aftermarket parts.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

the wheels look much better on the car than simple wheel pictures
Old 06-14-2004, 09:14 PM

I have a set of Enkei RPO1s. While 16 inch instead of the 17s you want... I can say without a doubt.. they are a quality rim builder.. I would recommend any enkei rim without a second thought.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default grounding wire from amp

those are okay... just look a bit stock to me--like an older pontiac. or a chevy alloy. maybe looking a bit outdated as well. it looks a bit complicated too, like a hubcap.

in my own opinion, i was thinking about enkeis too. just because they're known, used by wrc (like oz racing), and good. but when i saw both enkei's and OZ racing's selection, i knew there were better deals and better selections out there somewhere. do i did what i did with my car. kept an eye out and found a great deal where the seller and the buyer could benefit from each other simultaneously. not the seller benefiting from the buyer alone.

don't buy the wheels because of their name. by them by their selection. i don't like enkei's or OZ's selection. i thought they would have nicer rims for such a popular company.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:31 PM

I always thought it was weird that most wheels that are twisted, "point" towards the front of the car on one side, and "point" towards the back on the other...
Oh, I have enkeis, I love em. 17" CDR-9 with 205-40-17s. You WILL feel the road, but it will also help you to pay more attention to the road (if you don't wanna bend them). I don't have a family I need to drive around, so I don't mind the bumps.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:09 PM

while looks were important for me. (I am not a flashy kind of guy) It was light weight and strength that led me to Enkei.. 14.5 pounds for a 16 inch rim is light.. and so far, even with both the NASTY roads down here and the unpaved simulated Lunar surface I park on at one of the places I contract at.. I have been unable to bend them. Scuff them up a bit.. but no bending (yet... cross your fingers)