External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Door handle LEDs

Old 12-10-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 2.0 R Spec
Default Door handle LEDs

Im searching for a DIY to put a couple of white LEDs behind my door handle that will light up when I disarm my alarm so I have a little more light when its dark out. Anybody have anything like this laying around or has anybody done this type of thing on their own car?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra XD

I found a video on YouTube of a guy doing this on ona BMW, all you do is remove the door handle assembly drill a hole on the back side if the handle big enough for the led bulb mount then hook the wires to the light in the door that Congress on when the door is open or to wherever you want it. Its easier to get to that one but it won't come on with your alarm unless your interior lights come on. I am going to do this to mine here soon too and was thinking of hooking them so they flash with my alarm but then they would be on when my lights are on and I personally don't want that, its all personal preference on that. But check YouTube