External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Do you ever pay for a professional detail?

Old 04-05-2012, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon
Default Do you ever pay for a professional detail?

If I had a really expensive car, I would probably pay often for one of those $200+ details you see but usually I just spend a day washing, waxing and polishing my car myself. Lately though I have been thinking about just trying it out and spending money on a pro detail to see how much of a difference it is compared to what I do myself in my driveway. Anyone here spent the cash on professional before?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I do it every now and then. Mostly because I'm lazy and live in an apartment so I can't easily wash it myself. There have been some groupon deals in my area I took advantage of (I try to wait a long time before using them to avoid the groupon crowd).

Usually I was pretty satisfied but it depends on the place. I don't think it's necessarily better than DIY though.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Elantra

Originally Posted by Deviltib
If I had a really expensive car, I would probably pay often for one of those $200+ details you see but usually I just spend a day washing, waxing and polishing my car myself. Lately though I have been thinking about just trying it out and spending money on a pro detail to see how much of a difference it is compared to what I do myself in my driveway. Anyone here spent the cash on professional before?

When I was growing up, my father taught that "You can not beat a craftsman at his game." I have found that to be true, but also ... that it depends on the "craftsman".

Warm Regards

KarlT