External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Cuda 1 Kit

Old 06-15-2005, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

exactly as the description says, are there any fitment problems with the cuda 1 kit? i know there arent with the cuda 2, but i am interested in that kit, and want to know. also if i decide to get it, who would i talk to about ordering it?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:10 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Fitment is fairly poor but nothing that can't be fixed by a good body shop.

If you really want to get it, I'd recommend getting it from importshark.com B)
Old 06-15-2005, 11:20 PM

thats what i heard...but i dont wanna spend an arm and a leg in fitting it
Old 06-15-2005, 11:34 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Maybe get a different kit then?

I've heard that with the expense involved with ill-fitting kits, it'll prolly work out the same to get a Zefiro/Veilside kit, fit & paint it when all is said & done.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:32 AM

i just got my cuda 1 kit about 4 days ago and there are definitely some fitment issues, lets see the back bumper fits really nice actually, that is probably the only thing that fits the best, I would recommend getting the side skirts out on by the pro's because it was just a pain the butt for me, the front bumper fits ok but you are going to need to do some work on the curve that goes around the fender, the big thing is that it is about an inch short at the end of each point on the front bumper, but a body shop can easily fix that. The spoiler is definitely going to need to be put on by the pro's because it is going to involve frilling into the hatch, but other that that it is a really nice looking kit and will definitely change the look of the tib. I am getting mine refitted and painted in a couple of weeks, oh yeah you might need to bend the tips of the exhaust or cut about 2 inches off it in order for your bumper to not rub. and i got the kit from Importshark.com
Old 06-16-2005, 09:05 AM

if you want the kit then buy it and just have a shop make it fit nice and snug. you can basically buy any body kit for any car and make it fit a tiburon if you know what you are doing and are good at it. just be prepared to spend more if they have to work on getting it fit exactly perfect. if you are like me, then everything has to be just so, so if the kit i bought didn't fit right, i'd have them make it fit perfectly. wink1.gif if you don't want to spend alot of money on getting the kit to fit right, then i would go with another kit or be prepared to have the kit not perfect. no aftermarket kit is going to fit exactly right on without a little tweaking. this has been my experience anyway.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:09 AM

^^i know with the right amount of money anything is possible lol. but what other cars frames are close to rd2? you mentioned other kits fitting and i never thought about that before. are there any kits that would be SOMEWHAT close?
Old 06-16-2005, 09:17 AM

how much money extra do you think were talking here to fit the kit...because i wont say that money is tight, but if im gonna have to spend an extra 600-700 just for fitting then i wont be able to get it till like the end of summer 02.gif

edit: i wont be gettin the spoiler, as i already have one i like
Old 07-06-2005, 08:24 PM

I had a cuda kit...... I made it fit.....

Old 07-06-2005, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Depends on where you live as to the prices of body work. Here in Seattle its crazy expensive... I paid like 1500 just to have the kit fitted and a shitty paint job put on. Other places it would have been 400.

I would call around before you buy..thats what i should have done!

My .02