External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Are Clear Corners Legal?

Old 08-31-2006, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey sorry if this is a repeat post but I looked and still couldnt figure it out. Ive heard that its legal and Ive heard that its illegal. Which is true? Some people say that you NEED the reflector for when your car is parked on the side of the road at night or some BS like that.. is this true? Any problems with the Cops for those of you out there with the clear corners? I looked for Texas' laws on this but could't find that either. Any help is appreciated, THNX
Old 08-31-2006, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

pretty sure the way it works is they have to blink the same color as stock. for example, ours blink an orange light.. thats what yours will need. there are bulbs out there that are clear but blink an orange light
Old 08-31-2006, 09:29 PM

Asked Rixshark that at Hyundai Sunday bud, and your good to go. You still have the proper gear to run.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Some states require you to have a reflector at each corner of the car. If you put clear corners in you are removing the reflector. Do you have inspections there?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

they are illegal in the united states.... they are no d.o.t. approved..... illegal.

but if u do get pulled over it will be a fix it ticket and all u have to do is pop the stockers back in and show um u fixed it.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:07 PM

yea we've got inspections here so it may not pass that but I guess I can always swap back to stock at inspection time smile.gif It seems like this is an all around " it depends" kinda question, lol/ oh and Silent: your sure about this? the cops around here are real assholes and I cant afford anymore tickets, lol
Old 08-31-2006, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

They are illegal.

The law states that there must be one yellow reflector, at least 1 inch by 3 inches in size, on each side of the car, visible from the side, in front of the front most doors.

Same goes for the rear, but backwards and red reflectors.

Most cops don't do anything about it because it's retarded to give a ticket for it. Get clears, put amber bulbs in it, and it'll look like you have the reflector in there anyways.

Or get a yellow reflector for the side of your car.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:23 PM

ok thanks redz, too bad i gotta keep the amber bulbs in i was kinda liking those white and blue bulbs that light up amber but I guess Id get bugged about them just that much more.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, that's just some advise.

I run clear corners with LED bulbs in there, they look silver all around. Been in there for like 3 years now? Not one ticket for them. I've had one speeding ticket and one for some registration issue, but never any issues for my tails or my corners. They hit the ricers kinda hard here, but I'm respectful, don't show off, race, or peel out, so I have no issues.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:59 AM

I been runing them for 2 years with blubs that look blue and not one problem. My Brother even took it to get a driver test done and not a word.