External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Clean Cowlings

Old 03-11-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I was repainting my faded cowlings and rusted wipers (drying). They came out excellent as tibby01 suggested. They look brand new and will give that out of the salon look. I just want to inform everybody that our cowling design SUCKS which is why it would have been nice if flyryde went through with the new design GF or not. Frightened by the sight, I quickly brought out the shop vac and cleaned out soooo much dirt and leaves from the shoot. Man it was moist and a breeding ground for rust. It might not seem bad, but once you open it up and find all that gutter debris in there I'd suggest everybody to at least take a peek in there just to make sure things are ok fing02.gif

Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

good call, i need to paint my wipers too, only place i got rust lmao...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:07 AM

photos added. id say the camera does do justice here. you wouldn't think so but it makes a world a difference. i should have taken some before pics but eh. there should be some nice circulation going in there now that it's clean.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

For your cowlings, did you do the whole prime, paint, clearcoat, sand and polish? Or did you have an easier way? Maybe a link to tibby01's post?
Looks great though!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:50 AM

thanks StrikeEagle, lol i skipped the whole sanding and polishing phase. but i did do the whole paint process. i've learned ALWAYS to use primer. i took the rust out with a knife. i should have sanded it now that i think of it but it wasn't too bad. 2 coats primer, 2 coats paint (rustoleum high gloss), and 2 coats clear.

to trick you all into a better picture i used some tire shine and meguiars leather polish. saevil.gif

from tibby01's update thread: