External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Ccfl Angel Eyes

Old 08-17-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

QUOTE (KustomizedTiburon)
QUOTE (Patreezy)
"no, ccfl's are way brighter and waaaay hotter than any "cheap" alternative you can monster up with your led's."

Haha mine are like 10x brighter with LED's. Sorry.

Okay, okay. You could blind the sun if you had enough LED's and 10 DTN's working to wire them together...

The latter portion of the statement still stands.. Even if your SMT (wtf is that?) LED's were white, they would still look like, ...well, LED's.

Okay, maybe pictures speak better than words, here's what I'm trying to say.

Flashy:

Classy wink1.gif

I'd consider buying for $175 shipped. ESECIALLY if they came with wiring, directions, and were a perfect fit (like the proper kit ought to be).
Old 08-17-2007, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

$175 is spendy man...

should be something more like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05-LEXUS...bayphotohosting
Old 08-17-2007, 07:27 PM

^^^^

Sure. Get me 500 buyers and the price can be $50.00 bux each set.

Limited sale market = higher price. Not to mention only ONE COMPANY makes them for our cars.

Anyways. Lifetime warranty from this company + he includes a relay harness. Sure, not worth the $125 more, but we're talking about a small market. If he could mass produce these in the thousands, a sale price of $50.00 would be possible.

Sorry Zoned, I don't mean to pick on you, but I hate when people come on the boards and complain about parts not being as cheap as other markets. Face it, the Hyundai Aftermarket community is 1/100th the size of a comparative market like Lexus, Honda, Toyota, etc. The more you can sell, the cheaper it gets. Just like how people complain about FlyRyde's halos being "too expensive". Then you make 'em and see how much time goes into each and every set.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 PM

Really, that doesn't seem too expensive. I remember when in between FlyRyde spikes haloz.biz had them for $300/set. And that was what Chris wanted, because he simply didn't have the time to make them.

Is that $175 for FOUR ccfl rings? I know the new tib's get 4 right? and the Rd2's get four. But Rd1's only need two, which usually means the price of angel eyes and the likes are half what RD2's and GK's pay. (for example, it's $50 for a set of angel eyes for the RD1 right now, and $100 for an RD2. approximately.)

And not only do these look superior to LED rings, they are technologically superior. Hell, you're looking at ccfl's right now in your LCD monitor (it's got a couple cold cathode fluorescents behind it and/or on the sides of the screen).
Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 PM

guys you really have to see these in person to understand how good they look.

i still love mine to this day. for one, they're thin and two, they're bright as hell. Thin and bright is the way to go. They don't have as much glare as pictures put out.

im gettin my foglights done right now too!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Banned

bottom line is, the CCFL angel eyes not only look like they belong there, they are classy and don't have a tacky look to them like any of the LED angel eyes.

175$ may seem expensive, but look at how small our market is, if we could get them mass produced they would be ALOT cheaper.

the CCFL angel eyes are 100X nicer than the ugly LED angel eyes. they are superior in EVERY way. looks, class, non ricey, quality, etc, etc.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Maybe it's different for RD2 guys, but for RD1 guys, paying $175 for 2 rings of light, is overpriced. Sorry I feel that way. There are universal CCFL eye kits out there for as low as $50, all we would have to do is find one in the right size for us. If you think about it, there's no such thing as a "custom made circle," a universal kit in the right size would look the exact same. And it's 1/3 the price of your kit. I'm not trying to dog on you, or your sales, I appreciate the new products and support, but I think the price is high.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I agree that they look way classier than the LEDs though. Why do you think so many people are considering switching over? lol.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:42 AM

I wasn't talking about RD1 guys. The ring on the RD1 is alot smaller I think thank the RD2, isn't it? If it is the same size, then sweet! And yes, of course the price would be cheaper.

Anyways, I challenge you to find a pre-made ring that's a full circle in the right size. Because these kits were custom made. Had to order 400 rings to even get them started. And I also challenge you to find someone willing to give you a lifetime warranty on everything for your $50.00.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:57 AM

Let the cheap asses go on their eBay scavenger hunt for the "perfect universal fit", lol...

In the meantime, make these for RD1's and 2's. I'd ask Chris about the sizes (I'm sure he knows measurements by heart). I know the big hole in the RD2 bug eyes is waay bigger than what the RD1's need, but I don't think the smaller RD2 bug eye is the same as what RD1's need either.

I can temporarily donate a headlight assembly if you ever need to get these made for RD1's.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:01 AM

i believe they already have a set of rd1 headlights.

universal ones? it would take you forever the find the exact measurement down the milimeter.

i agree that rd1 should be cheaper and of course they will. not a substantial amount but they will be.

fing02.gif