External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Carbon Fibre/kevlar Hatch

Old 06-13-2010, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

dont fully count me in, but i would like to hear what you guys are replacing the glass with.

not having glass is what really matters to me.

Rd1 or Rd2 dunno been wanting to convert to rd2 rear for a long time.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:13 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Rd2 would make sense since more were produced and ahipped to the states. It's not just tails and bumper though. Body work is required to make the tails fit either way.

Both is the only way
Old 06-13-2010, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

We have 4 companies to chose from, both will get made.. Maybe not by the same company.. But it would be in their best interest to do both molds and have the "monopoly."

I was kidding about the conversion thing. Not really interested in going through with that. If I found myself in a situation where only an rd2 cf hatch was avail, I'd seriously consider it though ..for about a week or so.

Can you post the names of the four companies and their locations? Let's start sourcing an RD1 and RD2 hatch near their facilities..
Old 06-13-2010, 02:09 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm interested, just gotta pool the money together, I've also got a spare RD1 hatch in Buffalo if that helps, depending on the location of the companies.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

I just have to talk with my contact one more time for pricing, but I think tibbytib may have found us a cheaper deal.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Pat - The bid that I posted is from Ray at Street Concepts. They are located at:

Street Concepts
3961 E La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92807
http://www.streetconcept.com/index.son

I will be calling Aldo from Body Kits Etc. on Monday to get a another quote:

Body Kits
2741 Saturn St
Brea, CA 92821
http://www.bodykits.org/

Chris from Flyryde said he would do a little hunting for us as well, so thats 3, and Regit is in contact with his source, so thats the 4th. I was considering contacting an ebay store that do a lot of carbon fiber and seeing if they do in house molds ard custom work as well. I would REALLY like to see what Chris and Regit come up with, as they will be seeing folks/working with folks in person. I'm all the way out here in Denver and the two contacts I have are from California. If Chris is close, maybe he can verify these two companies I am looking into.

Please, everyone who is interested, I posted their websites. Head over there and help me research them. I want to make sure they are legit businesses before we get too serious about this.

UPDATE:

Just did a little research on my own. Street concepts has different phone number that doesnt match their address. AND, they have two addresses. I did a reverse phone number verification. Definitely going to call and see whats up with that.

Body Kits Etc definitively checks out with updated phone and mailing address on file with google maps and dex that corresponds with their website.

So.......Ray from Street Concepts has some explaining to do before we proceed any further with them.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

It might be worth it to run a credit check as well on the final pick. I might be able to run one through my work but I'll have to check.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Capn - Great idea man! See if your work would mind. I'll have my sister do one as well as she has access to do those as well.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Still in negotiations,.will have some info soon. the company is CF tec
Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

I think we are off to a great start on this. As long as everybody does there research and takes there time we should have no problem getting somebody to produce these for us.