External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Bodykit Test Fit Today

Old 06-25-2005, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doesnt look that bad at all. ive seen much worse. should be too much to make it perfect. thatll be beautfiul when finished. remember to post pics when painted!!
Old 06-25-2005, 11:45 PM

No wreck that im aware of! Im the second owner and the first was an older lady who hardly ever drove the car. its really not that bad it just doesnt line up on one side and the top doesnt line up with the holes. Im ganna put it back on tomorrow while a friend of mine is here that does body work and see if maybe i just mis-aligned it. Ill let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:56 PM

I got the same kit (pics in the June COTM Poll *hint hint* wink1.gif)

Well, my Zefiro was very, VERY bad, for the front at least (skirts and rear was pretty good; not perfect, but close). It's still far from being perfect; the corners literally float in their holes (I have a good 1cm gap on each side), and the headlamp holes are not 100% round. It was MUCH worst though when I got it. I had to put ~$700 in prepping the kit, and most of it went for the front. The line where it meets the fender were not anywhere right, and everyhing seemed mis-centered.

A girl I spoke to once (who lives in the US), who happens to have a Tropic Green 00 tib with that same Zefiro, also had fitting issues.

If you wonder, I got the kit from Rick a few years ago. Don't misunderstand me though; I do like my kit very much, and I'm still happy I got it.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Agarwal @ Jun 25 2005, 11:56 PM)
Well, my Zefiro was very, VERY bad, for the front at least (skirts and rear was pretty good; not perfect, but close).

Your car was in a pretty bad accident as I remember too though right? I'm not blaming that, but I saw a thing on Speed channel a few days ago about wrecks and aftermarket body parts.

A girl I spoke to once (who lives in the US), who happens to have a Tropic Green 00 tib with that same Zefiro, also had fitting issues.

Kate, she's a member here but never posts anymore. Never told me about any problems with it, but I saw it in person a few times. Very nice kit.

If you wonder, I got the kit from Rick a few years ago. Don't misunderstand me though; I do like my kit very much, and I'm still happy I got it.

Egh. I wonder if they were copies...
Old 06-26-2005, 12:14 AM

I also got mine from Rick and they came with Zefiro badges and serial #'s so i dont think it was a copy. But who knows?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:38 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

hail.gif not bad!! i think i will look at getting one also
Old 06-26-2005, 02:10 AM

I like that Body kit. It looks real nice. I'm still trying to find the Right one for me.

I was thinking of this one.
Do you guys think it would look good on my Car?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:29 AM

The car had an accident in the past, but it has to be 100% perfect to pass inspection after that. Every thing is measured, and if something is out of spec, it fails. It was pretty obvious anyway that the kit was warped by just looking at it.

Anyway, fiberglass will ALWAYS have some work to do regarding fitting before it's perfect, that's just how it is. No matter how good you are with FG and how good your molds are. Molds "move" over time resulting in some parts of the kit being offset, and fiberglass can take up to 6 months to be completely cured, meaning that if it is handled improperly during this time, it could somehow warp.

It would be so nice to have an urethane aftermarket kit; they are stronger and more elastic, so they absorb shocks (big one as well as small ones, like little stones, so you don't get as much stone chips). But molds and general production cost is SO high for a urethane kit, it just will never happen for us (beside the Wing West lip kit for the RD1; that's what I'd have if I got an RD1).
Old 06-26-2005, 07:34 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

QUOTE (Agarwal @ Jun 26 2005, 01:29 PM)
It would be so nice to have an urethane aftermarket kit; they are stronger and more elastic, so they absorb shocks (big one as well as small ones, like little stones, so you don't get as much stone chips). But molds and general production cost is SO high for a urethane kit, it just will never happen for us (beside the Wing West lip kit for the RD1; that's what I'd have if I got an RD1).

It is. laugh.gif
Old 06-26-2005, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

lookin nice.

for webtech, click the resend password link. you will get it.