External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Body kit or air ride suspension dilemma

Old 10-04-2003, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon
Default headers, cai, cat-back, how much hp?

Well i just moved to Seattle with my girlfriend and money was tight for a month or so. Now we both have jobs...(i have two) and my girlfriend is giving me her blessing to do something big to my car to get it ready for my first big show Hot Import Nights. I however can't make up my mind. I'm torn between an AIM air ride suspension kit or the SR CUda 2 kit (MPS). I've always wanted the both the MPS and air ride but one will have to do for now. With the way my car looks now will an air ride kit look good or should i get the body kit firts since the car is already lowered. I may be doing some kind of graphic/ text up the side of my car so any opinions are HIGHLY welcome.

pic of my car

redturbulance.onlineshowoff.com

Thanks
JD

ps.. IF anyone knows of any shops in the Greater Seattle area for anything let me know since i don't have a place to do the work myself
Old 10-05-2003, 12:32 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon
Default Body kit or air ride suspension dilemma

I put the airride on my car first then got a bodykit.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

For those of you too lazy to cut and paste, click here.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:32 AM

hin is a big indoor show soo it depneds on what you really want here.. cause kits= show and so do air ride at some pont but a nice kit would look good. go with the kit.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

body kit!

i love cuda 2 lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif
Old 10-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I would definitely get the body kit first.... that way you can see how far you need the bags to lay you down. If you get bags first then the body kit, you'll have to adjust the stoppers, or be careful not to go lower than the kit allows. Just my theory.... and I wouldn't get bags unless you can make it lay frame... otherwise it's kind of a waste of money IMO
Old 10-06-2003, 03:45 AM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

depends on how long it will take you to save up for the next.

if it is going to take a while, then id go with the air ride cause even standard the car will look Phat all dumped out.

Then get the kit.

but if you don't have at least 17's then get them first. (but i take it you already have)

best of luck wit your decision. wink.gif [/i]
Old 10-06-2003, 11:35 AM

i think you should get a kit first.. cause if you get the air ride.. then it wont look as good without having a kit on with it.. so kits will do good for shows as well..
Old 10-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I used to love my Tib... it looked so good when I brought it home from the dealer and I loved it for the next 2 years... but after having my body kit for nearly a year... I would never go back to the stock look. The body kit sets it off so nicely and I still get compliments all the time (even from the 70 yr. old man getting his oil changed next to me).

Get a kit and you'll more than likely never go back to stock. Let us know what you decide
Old 10-06-2003, 12:45 PM

If you already have rims, go for the air ride first, it will look sweet down low, after that get the kit, I think it looks weird when people get a kit first without rims or lowering the car. but thats just my opinion. Great choices though.