External Appearance Modifications to the exterior of your car. Body Kits, Head lights/bulbs, tail lights/bulbs, spoilers, antennas, sidemarkers, etc.

Body Kit

Old 05-07-2010, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Hi, I'm debating on getting a body kit for my 99 tiburon. The concern that I have is how do the side skirts attach? I know that the stock side skirts have screws on the underside and clips on the inside, so do the aftermarket ones have them as well? If not then how would I got about attaching the side skirts? I like to do everything myself so I would like to know what I'm getting into before I order one thanks.

Also I have and rd1 and I need to know will and rd2 shark spoiler sit flat on and rd1 hatch when the holes are drilled?
Old 05-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Uhhhh wow your grammar is horrible....anyhow, I'm not sure bout the side skirts as I have never bought or had aftermarket sides.... and the shark spoiler is actually for an rd1 so you won't have problems with it sitting flush or anything. Its us rd2 owners that cannot put on a shark wing without some fiberglass or bondo work....
Old 05-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

It depends on the kit. Some skirts take the place of the stock ones, while other skirts just screw onto the car with the stock skirts still in place. If you tell us which body kit you're interested in...we can tell you if they just screw in, or if you have to remove the stock skirts first.

And yes...like azngoose said...the shark spoiler is for RD1's. If you're talking about the Kombat spoiler -- see below -- (a shark spoiler without the center pedestal), that that will fit any hatch, but new holes will have to be drilled. It doesnt line up with stock holes.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:41 AM

Thanks for answering me so fast, and sorry for the bad grammar I had to leave for work in 5 min. I am getting the boomer full body kit and from what I understand it replaces the entire side skirt not to sure though witch is why I have so many questions. Also you were right about the spoiler visions it is the kombat style.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

post pics of the "boomer" kit... I believe it's just a copy of another kit. We may be able to tell you more once we see it. What color is your car?

is this it?
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=15316
Old 05-08-2010, 09:52 AM

Below is the body kit I am thinking about getting. The rear bumper is strange to say the least but I like it. Please let me know if you guys have any experience with this kit.
Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

that was random's car a long time ago. i am pretty sure this bomber kit is a knockoff of the blitz body kit. the blitz was a good kit, this one i bet you will have alot more prep involved to get it looking right.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

^ You're right about it being Random's car...but you're wrong about it being the Blitz kit. That was the 1st gen Zefiro kit.

If the Boomer (knock off) skirts are like the zefiro, then they just screw into the stock body. No replacement of stock skirts at all.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:07 AM

Thanks for all your help everyone I really appreciate it. I will post pictures of of the kit and everything once I get it and put it on my car (about 2 weeks from now). I may do a diy just for this kit in case anyone else is cheap like me and needs a nock off lol.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

QUOTE (visionz @ May 8 2010, 06:46 PM)
^ You're right about it being Random's car...but you're wrong about it being the Blitz kit. That was the 1st gen Zefiro kit.

yeah you are right...i was thinking zefiro....said blitz... duh.